The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Dream Destinations......

I'm fortunate to live in the world famous fly fishing destination called Colorado. I haven't seen all of this state yet, so why travel all over?

In the fabulous 80's I spent 5 of 7 years overseas courtesy of Uncle Sugar- don't regret any of it. On my last flight home I decided to see the good ol' USA. One great week in Ontario, otherwise haven't left CONUS. I dont want to be like the guy that lives in, say D.C., and never saw the Lincoln Memorial.

In the spirit of the thread, I'd have to say my present goal is the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Just having too much fun here at home to worry about anywhere else!

CAB
winstonwt likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:20 AM

802flyfish will become famous soon enough

Explore Chile or Argentina for a year
Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 AM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Cuba for both inshore and offshore...
Bikini Atol...
Midway Island...

Mix of fly and heavy tackle for all of it.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:04 AM

irons is on a distinguished road

I always wanted to go to patagonia, or Alaska
Old 04-18-2014, 09:22 AM

charliepff is on a distinguished road

I agree, Patagonia and Alaska. I would not mind New Zealand either. All three would be great. I would make sure I took a month or so off of work so I had the most amount of time I could get. I would like to also take a road trip to Canada and spend a few weeks going from lake to lake, and the small streams.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:27 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliepff View Post
I agree, Patagonia and Alaska. I would not mind New Zealand either. All three would be great. I would make sure I took a month or so off of work so I had the most amount of time I could get. I would like to also take a road trip to Canada and spend a few weeks going from lake to lake, and the small streams.
Another vote for New Zealand, or at least the South Island. Did that a few years back and had a ball. What made it even better is I stayed at Bed and Breakfasts. Only one change was (and it was easy to set up) was 'How much more if I can add dinner?'

Gather no one had ever asked that question before ...... Great time and really got to meet the families.
mcnerney and charliepff like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Bucket List:
Kamchatka
Alaska.. Kenai? - somewhere I can fly fish to rainbows within site of Brown Bears... don't care about Salmon.. wouldn't mind some large Grayling too
BC - for the big steelhead

Done:
Been to New Zealand 6 times - love that place
Chile - meh - once was enough
Old 04-21-2014, 11:34 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

I grew up fishing in salt water, using conventional and spinning tackle. I'd like to go back to Florida and the Bahamas and fly fish. Preferably when it's 40 below zero here in Idaho
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:54 PM

quijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura about

There's so many places nearby that I haven't had the time to fish.
My dream is to have the time to go.

But if I'd have to pick a place.... North (Northern Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nunavut, NorthWest territories). Oodles of Fish, and nobody else around.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:46 AM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Dream Destinations......

I too live in Colorado,in response to cab,i have been down the Gunnison gorge for the salmonfly hatch 3 times,you just have to experience it to believe it.Now getting back to the original question,montana,the Madison,henrys fork in Idaho,chile,new Zealand,but the no. 1 spot would have to be Kamchatka,russia.