The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Polls (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/)
-   -   What Rain Gear/Wading Jacket do you use? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/3093-what-rain-gear-wading-jacket-do-you-use.html)

Piscator 01-18-2008 11:27 AM

What Rain Gear/Wading Jacket do you use?

What Rain Gear or Wading Jacket do you use? Please vote and provide the brand and model of the product (ex. Simms, William Joseph, Patagonia, etc.)?

I tried to provide a lot of options to choose from but if I left something out of the options that you use please select Other and post a reply as to what you use.

Also, I consider the various manufacturers of Dri-Plus, Finetex, Toray, and others a version of Gore-Tex Equivalent products.
Thanks,
Terry

FISHN50 01-18-2008 12:23 PM

Re: What Rain Gear/Wading Jacket do you use?

I wear an old Hodgeman Gortex wading jacket..It' getting a bit raggity so I'm ready to replace it so this thread comes at a perfect time...

Neil

headhunter 01-18-2008 12:37 PM

I currently use a redington jacket. It works pretty well. Picked it up off of sierratrading post at a price that was tolerable.

When this one goes I will probably go back to my old method of breathable non fishing related jackets.

BigCliff 01-18-2008 01:56 PM

Patagonia's Deep Wading Jacket is wonderful. Just wish mine wasn't navy.

wfosborn 01-18-2008 07:53 PM

I normally just wear my plain old, non-waterproof street jacket. Wear that until it gets too soaked and heavy then just fish in my t-shirt. By that point the jacket doesn't really help keep me warm anyways.

--W

MTskibum 01-18-2008 08:27 PM

I have the northface Apex jacket with a goretext like material, whatever they use. I would recomend it to anyone seeking a jacket, with that and my virtually waterproof insulation layer as well i never get wet even in a downpoor.

Joni 01-18-2008 10:20 PM

I wear the Orvis Tailwater jacket, but it isn't Gortex or Vinyl, or plastic. Just wader material with whatever Orvis coats them with. Love the neoprene cuffs however. Can stick my arm in the water up to my shoulder, but sleeves inside stay dry.

trout champ 01-19-2008 12:44 AM

Right now I have a Columbia nylon jacket I wear. I need to get something else though that breaths a little better.

Randy

fyshstykr 01-19-2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHN50 (Post 19088)
I wear an old Hodgeman Gortex wading jacket..It' getting a bit raggity so I'm ready to replace it so this thread comes at a perfect time...

Neil

I also have an older Hodgeman gore-tex jacket, seems to be holdin up very well and still keepin me dry. probably get a couple more years out of it.

rodbender73 02-27-2008 12:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have been using a Drift Creek Outdoors jacket that has been nothing but IMPRESSIVE! I shopped and compared and asked questions to sales people that knew nothing for what seemed like forever until I found Drift Creek Outdoors. Their Xtreme Guide jacket is comparable to Simms or Patagonia, very waterproof and breathable and cost alot less. I paid $150 for it from DryAngler, I just wish I had bought it sooner. One thing that was nice is they list their testing results for their waterproof/breathability tests. Not their own tests but the government mandated tests, you know, the ones Simms says are a trade secret. You should check them out and ask them some questions, they were very helpful with me.