The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: What Rain Gear/Wading Jacket do you use?
Vinyl rain jacket/poncho (non specific to fly fishing) 1 0.92%
Polyster rain jacket/poncho (non specific to fly fishing) 2 1.83%
Nylon rain jacket/poncho (non specific to fly fishing) 9 8.26%
Gore-tex rain jacket/poncho (non specific to fly fishing) 10 9.17%
Gore-tex Equivalent rain jacket/poncho (non specific to fly fishing) 6 5.50%
Vinyl fly fishing wading jacket 4 3.67%
Polyster fly fishing wading jacket 1 0.92%
Nylon fly fishing wading jacket 6 5.50%
Gore-tex fly fishing wading jacket 30 27.52%
Gore-tex Equivalent fly fishing wading jacket 23 21.10%
Frogg Toggs 7 6.42%
Plastic Trash Bag 0 0%
Al Naturale' (Nothing) 7 6.42%
Other 5 4.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough
Default What Rain Gear/Wading Jacket do you use?

What Rain Gear or Wading Jacket do you use? Please vote and provide the brand and model of the product (ex. Simms, William Joseph, Patagonia, etc.)?

I tried to provide a lot of options to choose from but if I left something out of the options that you use please select Other and post a reply as to what you use.

Also, I consider the various manufacturers of Dri-Plus, Finetex, Toray, and others a version of Gore-Tex Equivalent products.
Thanks,
Terry
Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What Rain Gear/Wading Jacket do you use?

I wear an old Hodgeman Gortex wading jacket..It' getting a bit raggity so I'm ready to replace it so this thread comes at a perfect time...

Neil
Old 01-18-2008, 11:37 AM

headhunter is on a distinguished road

I currently use a redington jacket. It works pretty well. Picked it up off of sierratrading post at a price that was tolerable.

When this one goes I will probably go back to my old method of breathable non fishing related jackets.

Thoreau
Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Patagonia's Deep Wading Jacket is wonderful. Just wish mine wasn't navy.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:53 PM

wfosborn is on a distinguished road

I normally just wear my plain old, non-waterproof street jacket. Wear that until it gets too soaked and heavy then just fish in my t-shirt. By that point the jacket doesn't really help keep me warm anyways.

--W
Old 01-18-2008, 07:27 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

I have the northface Apex jacket with a goretext like material, whatever they use. I would recomend it to anyone seeking a jacket, with that and my virtually waterproof insulation layer as well i never get wet even in a downpoor.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I wear the Orvis Tailwater jacket, but it isn't Gortex or Vinyl, or plastic. Just wader material with whatever Orvis coats them with. Love the neoprene cuffs however. Can stick my arm in the water up to my shoulder, but sleeves inside stay dry.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Right now I have a Columbia nylon jacket I wear. I need to get something else though that breaths a little better.

Randy
Old 01-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
I wear an old Hodgeman Gortex wading jacket..It' getting a bit raggity so I'm ready to replace it so this thread comes at a perfect time...

Neil

I also have an older Hodgeman gore-tex jacket, seems to be holdin up very well and still keepin me dry. probably get a couple more years out of it.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-26-2008, 11:13 PM

rodbender73 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: What Rain Gear/Wading Jacket do you use?

I have been using a Drift Creek Outdoors jacket that has been nothing but IMPRESSIVE! I shopped and compared and asked questions to sales people that knew nothing for what seemed like forever until I found Drift Creek Outdoors. Their Xtreme Guide jacket is comparable to Simms or Patagonia, very waterproof and breathable and cost alot less. I paid $150 for it from DryAngler, I just wish I had bought it sooner. One thing that was nice is they list their testing results for their waterproof/breathability tests. Not their own tests but the government mandated tests, you know, the ones Simms says are a trade secret. You should check them out and ask them some questions, they were very helpful with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #2301.jpg (15.4 KB, 120 views)