The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2014, 11:38 AM

teamtrout is on a distinguished road
Default MT vs. CO

I was talking to a buddy of mine about good times back in college , and the subject came up of which state is better. I went to University of Montana Bozeman, and he went to University of Colorado at Boulder. Of course, each of us thinks our college provided better fishing, so I want to hear from you!

Please vote for which state you think is better, specifically near the areas of Boulder and Bozeman. And please only vote if you have fished both states.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Ooops, something went wrong and the poll isn't there...

Can somebody tell me how to add one? I must've done something wrong.

Otherwise just write in your choice

http://flyfishma.blogspot.com/
Old 12-27-2014, 11:38 AM

labradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to all
Default Re: MT vs. CO

Seriously?? lol.

It's easier to get to a Broncos game from Boulder.... that's about all they have going for them.
"In Heaven the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, and the women are Italian. In Hell the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, and the women are Italian...."
Old 12-27-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labradorguy View Post
Seriously?? lol.

It's easier to get to a Broncos game from Boulder.... that's about all they have going for them.
Lol, that was my argument too

Old 12-27-2014, 02:57 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

Call the police, have them put on the riot gear.

CAB

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Call the police, have them put on the riot gear.

Then go find something better to do than start fights on the web.

CAB
dean_mt likes this.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:19 PM

zug buggin is a glorious beacon of lightzug buggin is a glorious beacon of lightzug buggin is a glorious beacon of lightzug buggin is a glorious beacon of lightzug buggin is a glorious beacon of light

Geeeesh
dean_mt likes this.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:22 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Just for fishing? Dont know never fished Montana. But need to pay for my gear and my job is in denver so.....
Old 12-28-2014, 06:44 AM

slowdown is a jewel in the roughslowdown is a jewel in the roughslowdown is a jewel in the rough

I live in Colorado - about 40 minutes south of Boulder and I go to Montana every year - for the last 20, so I may not have the experience of some, but I think I have a pretty good picture of the fishing.

Since your post said NEAR Bozeman, and Near Boulder, there just isn't a contest. Within 30 minutes to an hour of Bozeman you have the Yellowstone, Gallatin, East Gallatin, Madison - in terms of Amazing well known rivers, not to mention all kinds of tributaries and several really great spring creeks.

Within 30 minutes to an hour of Boulder, you have Boulder creek and Clear creek - both fair little creeks, but trying to compare them to the yellowstone and the Madison is like trying to compare your 4th grade girlfriend to Kate Upton.

I love my state, and we have tremendous fishing, but Montana has bigger rivers, and by far better access rules that allow for a lot more opportunities.
mcnerney, cochise and siege like this.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdown View Post
I live in Colorado - about 40 minutes south of Boulder and I go to Montana every year - for the last 20, so I may not have the experience of some, but I think I have a pretty good picture of the fishing.

Since your post said NEAR Bozeman, and Near Boulder, there just isn't a contest. Within 30 minutes to an hour of Bozeman you have the Yellowstone, Gallatin, East Gallatin, Madison - in terms of Amazing well known rivers, not to mention all kinds of tributaries and several really great spring creeks.

Within 30 minutes to an hour of Boulder, you have Boulder creek and Clear creek - both fair little creeks, but trying to compare them to the yellowstone and the Madison is like trying to compare your 4th grade girlfriend to Kate Upton.

I love my state, and we have tremendous fishing, but Montana has bigger rivers, and by far better access rules that allow for a lot more opportunities.
I agree with everything you said here. I lived in Boulder for a few years, and there is some great fishing there. I distinctly remember having some great small stream brookie fishing and high lake cutthroat fishing, but it just doesn't have as many spots close by that have good fly fishing. But I'd gladly make a trip to either spot. I enjoy catching native brookies just as much as big browns. Well, maybe not quite as much
mcnerney likes this.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:27 PM

ten_fiver will become famous soon enoughten_fiver will become famous soon enough

They're both amazing. All I know is that Wyoming is horrible for fishing. Everybody should stay away and visit MT and CO instead.
mcnerney, williamhj, cab and 1 others like this.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:10 PM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_fiver View Post
They're both amazing. All I know is that Wyoming is horrible for fishing. Everybody should stay away and visit MT and CO instead.
No kidding. Everyone should visit both for their summer fishing vacations.
mcnerney likes this.