The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: Moving to Colorado. For $75, which fly rod would you choose based on your expertise?
Elkhorn Traveler 9'0", #5, 4 pc. 0 0%
Sage Graphite II (model 690-4 DS) 9'0", #6, 4 pc. 1 25.00%
G Loomis GL3 9'0", #5, 2 pc. 3 75.00%
Powell Advantage 905-2, 9'0", #5, 2 pc. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By dakotakid
  • 5 Post By jaybo41

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2015, 04:40 PM

sleeper513 is on a distinguished road
Default New to Fly Fishing, Limited Sale, Which rod would you choose?

I am getting ready to move to Highlands Ranch Colorado and have been told that fly fishing is everywhere out there. I have always wanted to learn to fly fish and ironically, just the other day my friends dad decided he wanted to sell his fly fishing gear giving me first dibs; but I have to act fast.

All rods are in great shape, come in their original sleeves and tubes. I can purchase any of them for $75 which based on a few searches, is a good deal.

Any and all additional input is greatly appreciated! Which Rod to you recommend?
Old 03-02-2015, 05:32 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New to Fly Fishing, Limited Sale, Which rod would you choose?

Don't know anything about those rods, but can tell you it's much easier to travel with a four piece rod.
jpbfly, ejsell and fly_rover like this.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:46 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that 4 piece rods are easier to travel with, however what I would recommend is, go talk to your friend's father and ask if you can cast them. Then you'll have an idea of which one you prefer.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:39 PM

bigspencer is on a distinguished road

Any choice yet?
Old 04-12-2015, 07:00 AM

living_water will become famous soon enoughliving_water will become famous soon enough

If your just starting out any of those rods will fit the bill. If you plan on traveling a 4 piece is the way to go. Best of luck
Old 04-12-2015, 08:40 AM

scotty macfly is a jewel in the roughscotty macfly is a jewel in the roughscotty macfly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
I agree that 4 piece rods are easier to travel with, however what I would recommend is, go talk to your friend's father and ask if you can cast them. Then you'll have an idea of which one you prefer.
I totally agree. Ask if you can test cast on the lawn and chose the one that feels best to you. Not all rods are the same.

Oh by the way, welcome to the forum and the sport of fly fishing.