The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 05:46 PM

jaybug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you wear ???

Any manmade pants like jogging pants that are cheap or my favorite nylon zippoff hiking pants. If it is cold I will wear two pair and one or two pair of wool socks takes care of my feet. I never wear jeans or cotton socks because they absorb water and are like wet toilet paper at the end of the day and cold. If I'm fishing for less than a couple hours it makes little difference.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

In the summer quick drying wading pants under waders (just don't like the clammy feel of wader material on my legs all day)
Other seasons an assortments of synthetic or wool stuff from thin Capolene to thick, plastic fuzzy stuff... and combination's of both.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 AM

GRN will become famous soon enough

Ultralight Smartwool base layers in summer if I'm staying in them all day... then layer up from that as needed, usually a mid layer of wool then fleece when it's real cold.

I choose fly rods the same way I do women, motorcycles, and cowboy boots...
go with what ever feels good, and keep on hand as many as I can afford
Old 02-09-2016, 09:50 PM

fenix84 is on a distinguished road

Shorts or sweat pants depending on the season.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:04 AM

tcorfey is a jewel in the roughtcorfey is a jewel in the roughtcorfey is a jewel in the roughtcorfey is a jewel in the rough

Fleece in the winter sometimes with a wicking base layer, nylon pants sometimes with a wicking base layer in spring and fall usually wet wade in the summer.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:31 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybug View Post
Any manmade pants like jogging pants that are cheap or my favorite nylon zippoff hiking pants. If it is cold I will wear two pair and one or two pair of wool socks takes care of my feet. I never wear jeans or cotton socks because they absorb water and are like wet toilet paper at the end of the day and cold. If I'm fishing for less than a couple hours it makes little difference.
Exactly right for SW Oregon; other than the odd off it just doesn't get that cold around here. Most of the rivers don't get down into the mid-40's even in the dead of Winter. 'Man made' for the lower half and (God am I old school!) all wool tappered leg ski pants. Even in the Summer I'll ware cotton below the belt and a 'flats' baggie long sleve shirt on top. If really hot skip the waders and 'wet wade,' too hot? ... just flop down in the river, get soaking wet and do a 'Ahhhhhhhhhhh!'

Water may be cold all year round but 90+ degree weather is quite common. Best time to fish is 'hour'ish' before sun rise till about 11AM then go home.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:45 AM

itchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond repute

For them cold winter days a thermal bottom and pajama pants/joggers... Fall/Spring I usually just wear the pajama pants... Summer I opt for no waders and grab my quick dry pants
Old 02-10-2016, 12:02 PM

ezduzit is a jewel in the roughezduzit is a jewel in the roughezduzit is a jewel in the rough

In warm weather/water, the same clothing I would wear when not fishing: jeans or chinos.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:19 PM

boisker is on a distinguished road

PVC Lederhosen....
Old 02-10-2016, 12:23 PM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

ummm...khakis.
marky3130, spm and ezduzit like this.