The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Polls (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/)
-   -   Indoor Fishing? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/6882-indoor-fishing.html)

BlakeInOH 12-15-2008 01:49 PM

Indoor Fishing?

Hello Everyone,

I just joined the board today to collect some research from my fellow fly fishermen/women. Thank you all and feel free to post comments as well!

jclampwork88 12-15-2008 02:48 PM

Re: Indoor Fishing?

I would join the fun. I also rock climb and we climb in the winter time in gyms. I think that it would be a sort of training area when you don't have alot of time to go out. It would be nice in some of the big cities where there isn't alot of rivers/lakes available

John

BlakeInOH 12-15-2008 02:54 PM

Appreciate the feedback John. A rock wall would be a definite!

jclampwork88 12-15-2008 03:04 PM

I personally fish on the rivers all year round here in Utah, but I know that alot of fisherman will take the winter off. This would give them a chance to keep up on there skills during the cold months. Some people just can't handle the below freezing fishing.

John

BlakeInOH 12-15-2008 03:09 PM

That's the answer I'm looking for. I've got a pretty big idea but I just want to see what kind of feedback I get on it. I'm in Cleveland so a lot of people take the winters off here as well. I know I wouldn't mind fishing in a place that would get me out of the elements.

jclampwork88 12-15-2008 03:35 PM

I can see where you are leading this to and I think it is a good idea.
Good luck

John

BlakeInOH 12-15-2008 03:40 PM

Thanks John!

Rip Tide 12-15-2008 04:06 PM

:confused:
I voted no
Catching a fish is secondary to me to being outdoors enjoying nature.
I rarely fly fish in the winter, but when I do it's because I need to be out in the sunshine in a beautiful location
If I wanted to stay in, I'd take up bowling

Frank Whiton 12-15-2008 04:11 PM

Hi Blake,

Welcome to the forum. It is not my first choice of a place to fish for trout. But it would be a great training tool for beginners to learn from an instructor. It would be good for that Summer or Winter. A casting pool should be included.

Frank

BlakeInOH 12-15-2008 04:12 PM

Fair enough Rip Tide. I'm sure many people feel the same. As for me, even though I've lived in Ohio my whole life, I hate the cold. I shut the fishing down in the winter for the most part. In the fall/spring/summer, I'm out there every single day. I'd like to continue that in the winter months but I just can't fight the cold sometimes. I appreciate the feedback though.