The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: how do you fish
belly boat 0 0%
drift boat 5 5.56%
pontoon boat 6 6.67%
walk, wade 76 84.44%
other 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:17 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how do you fly fish at you local stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
Hey Pocono Do fish the Lackawaxen???
Yes. We belong to one of the fly fishing clubs on the Lackawaxen; 6 miles of fishing. For real hatches of defined insects; almost like clockwork, and true match-the-hatch fishing, the clean and clear waters of the Lackawaxen are hard to beat in our area.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Yes. We belong to one of the fly fishing clubs on the Lackawaxen; 6 miles of fishing. For real hatches of defined insects; almost like clockwork, and true match-the-hatch fishing, the clean and clear waters of the Lackawaxen are hard to beat in our area.
My wifes from Hawley & I used to fish all over that area. I used to camp in the gravel pit downstream from Rawlings when I went with friends. I only got caught in rising water from lake Wallenpaupack once & after that was careful. I also used to fish The Shohola, Bushkill, & Dyberry creeks. It's a nice area & is on my list of possible retirement areas,
Old 01-02-2009, 02:20 AM

DSFlyman is on a distinguished road

I love to walk to river. Always my first choice.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:26 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
My wifes from Hawley & I used to fish all over that area. I used to camp in the gravel pit downstream from Rawlings when I went with friends. I only got caught in rising water from lake Wallenpaupack once & after that was careful. I also used to fish The Shohola, Bushkill, & Dyberry creeks. It's a nice area & is on my list of possible retirement areas,
We also fish the Bushkill; up around the Boy Scout camp. Very nice water; well maintained and not over-stocked.

Favorite streams for us are: Mud Run, Hickory Run, Kistler's Run, Tobyhanna Creek, Tunkannock Creek, Swiftwater Creek, Broadhead Creek, Paradise Stream, the Lackawaxen and the Little Lehigh River. All except the Lackawaxen are within 20 minutes of home.

We live in Pocono Pines; at the top of the Pocono plateau. When I retire, I'm going back to Massachusetts; but it is nice up here if you're the outdoor type. I fished on Wednesday and skied yesterday!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:50 AM

Douglas Wesson is on a distinguished road

I walk and wade most of the time. I really enjoy the White Salmon from Husum down to NW lake with my pontoon boat from when ever the water drops to the close of the season.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:19 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

It's all wading, whether it's on the Little Juniata, Yellow Creek, Spruce Creek or one of the many streams around State College.

I like your game plan Pocono; I used the same one this week. I fished Yellow Creek on Tuesday and skied Blue Knob on Friday night!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I fish from the drift boat most of the time, but like to wade on smaller streams.

Larry
Old 01-03-2009, 09:57 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwood View Post
It's all wading, whether it's on the Little Juniata, Yellow Creek, Spruce Creek or one of the many streams around State College.

I like your game plan Pocono; I used the same one this week. I fished Yellow Creek on Tuesday and skied Blue Knob on Friday night!
Greenwood, off the subject, you're in Mike McFarlands neck of the woods. He's lives a stones throw from Spruce Creek and he fishes the LJ quite a bit too. You ought to look him up and check out his rods if you like glass.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:47 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

Yes Mojo; I'll PM you.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:32 PM

streamcaddis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to streamcaddis Send a message via Yahoo to streamcaddis
Thumbs up Re: how do you fly fish at you local stream?

Because of my health I can not wade any more. I fish the AuSable river here in Michigan. I fish from an AuSable river boat with a guide. I do at least two trips a year. It's one fantastic way to fish.