The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Polls (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/)
-   -   how do you fly fish at you local stream? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/7114-how-do-you-fly-fish-you-local-stream.html)

Troutwhisperer 12-31-2008 12:05 PM

how do you fly fish at you local stream?

hey everybody,

I want to know how you fish your local stream or lake.

I personally use a backpacker pontoon boat from classic accessories. it was the cheapest pontoon boat a 9 year old could get a hold on at the time that whent in a backpack. ive caught many fish in it and it hasnt fallen apart yet.

jclampwork88 12-31-2008 02:28 PM

Re: how do you fly fish at you local stream?

It is a two part answer. The lake I have a single person pontoon boat, but wading is the only way to go on the Provo or Weber rivers here in Utah

John

MikeG 12-31-2008 02:32 PM

Lakes, either from shore or in a boat.

Streams, deepest streams by mean are damned. Deepest stream I wade will be 4ft. at the most.

Rip Tide 12-31-2008 02:32 PM

I have a canoe, a kayak, and a float tube, but for the most part I prefer to fish with both feet firmly planted on the ground

KRD 12-31-2008 02:57 PM

I voted walk/wade. I walk/wade streams and use either my float tube or toon for small lakes.

Joni 01-01-2009 02:39 PM

We walk and wade. The Provo, and Weber are good sized, but not for boats to go down. Pontoons do, but they are a PAIN. Plus I prefer to walk and wade. Green and the Snake also walk and wade, but THERE it might be nice from a drift boat.

Pocono 01-01-2009 02:57 PM

I'm exclusively walking and wading on the small freestone streams up here in the Pocono Mountains. There are only a few small rivers up here that will take boats; mostly pontoon boats; although you also see people fishing from a canoe occasionally. The upper Deleware River will take drift boats nicely; East Branch, West Branck and the Main stem, in the Spring when the water levels are high, but most of the Catskills/Poconos fishing is on foot.

FISHN50 01-01-2009 03:00 PM

Hey Pocono Do fish the Lackawaxen???

Davo 01-01-2009 03:27 PM

Driftboat without question. Much rather cove 12 miles of river in a day!! No such thing as to much of a good thing. LOL

Jackster 01-01-2009 06:35 PM

I wade most rivers and streams here and out west.
The 'toon I use for lakes and ponds and for smallmouth fishing on the New River in NC and VA.