The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: how do you fish
belly boat 0 0%
drift boat 5 5.56%
pontoon boat 6 6.67%
walk, wade 76 84.44%
other 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Question how do you fly fish at you local stream?

hey everybody,

I want to know how you fish your local stream or lake.

I personally use a backpacker pontoon boat from classic accessories. it was the cheapest pontoon boat a 9 year old could get a hold on at the time that whent in a backpack. ive caught many fish in it and it hasnt fallen apart yet.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: how do you fly fish at you local stream?

It is a two part answer. The lake I have a single person pontoon boat, but wading is the only way to go on the Provo or Weber rivers here in Utah

John
Old 12-31-2008, 02:32 PM

MikeG will become famous soon enough

Lakes, either from shore or in a boat.

Streams, deepest streams by mean are damned. Deepest stream I wade will be 4ft. at the most.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:32 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I have a canoe, a kayak, and a float tube, but for the most part I prefer to fish with both feet firmly planted on the ground
Old 12-31-2008, 02:57 PM

KRD will become famous soon enough

I voted walk/wade. I walk/wade streams and use either my float tube or toon for small lakes.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

We walk and wade. The Provo, and Weber are good sized, but not for boats to go down. Pontoons do, but they are a PAIN. Plus I prefer to walk and wade. Green and the Snake also walk and wade, but THERE it might be nice from a drift boat.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:57 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I'm exclusively walking and wading on the small freestone streams up here in the Pocono Mountains. There are only a few small rivers up here that will take boats; mostly pontoon boats; although you also see people fishing from a canoe occasionally. The upper Deleware River will take drift boats nicely; East Branch, West Branck and the Main stem, in the Spring when the water levels are high, but most of the Catskills/Poconos fishing is on foot.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:00 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Hey Pocono Do fish the Lackawaxen???
Old 01-01-2009, 03:27 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Driftboat without question. Much rather cove 12 miles of river in a day!! No such thing as to much of a good thing. LOL

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 01-01-2009, 06:35 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

I wade most rivers and streams here and out west.
The 'toon I use for lakes and ponds and for smallmouth fishing on the New River in NC and VA.