The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 01:52 PM

Brewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really nice
Default Re: All I Want for Christmas...

RIP,

I think your wish is EXACTLY in the Chritmas spirit - something for someone else who truly needs that gift. My father passed away in 2002 under the same kind of circumstances - our whole family felt that it was a blessing when it was over and he was out of his physical pain and mental confusion. I understand your wish, and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this holiday season.

And regarding a gift from Santa? I would like a new pair of knees, but since that is not likely; I would be very happy to get the opportunity to take my grandson fly fishing for the first time.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Rip- Wow I saw my dad suffer and fade and he was/is the greatest man I ever knew and I miss him even greatly 10 years later, but I'm glad his suffering ended. I will pray Sir that your father's suffering will end.

In reality I'm not really setting my sites to high for Christmas, I do hope that I'll receive Gary Borger's new book 'Fishing the Film" it's the first of a new series that will be coming out. However, if I could ask for anything I'd ask for a Rotary Vise, but I haven't yet completely made up my mind as to which one I want.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:28 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Rip,
Been there, I feel your pain.

Hoping for a spey line for my gift. Got the rod in Aug. Got the reel for my birthday in Oct. Really want to learn that rod!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Understand Rip, and bet he thinks the same. Gotta be tough when you were once so much alive. Best to you guys.

I want some new tennis shoes to work-out. I started working out so I can keep up rock hopping with the others this summer. Last year was risky, and slow.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM

bjweller has a spectacular aura aboutbjweller has a spectacular aura about

Going to sound mushy, but I would wish for another year of fishing as good as the last one with my good friend Gary. But I wouldn't mind out-fishing him once or twice!

"There comes a time in every man's life when he is either going to go fishing or do something worse."

-Havilah Babcock