The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: Where will you take your BIG 2011 fishing trip?
The Rocky Mountain Region 21 44.68%
The West Coast 2 4.26%
The East Coast 2 4.26%
The South 2 4.26%
The Great Lakes Region 8 17.02%
Alaska/Canada 2 4.26%
Mexico/Caribbean 1 2.13%
New Zealand/South America 2 4.26%
Other 7 14.89%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where will you take your Big 2011 trip?

Hawaii to catch double digit bones with Louie the Fish!

Man this winter is getting old.....and it just started.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:30 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Late summer to Seeley Lake, Mt and flip a coin, alpine lakes, creeks or rivers.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

I retired about 8 months ago & after 37 years with the company, I figured I needed a reward. Soooooooo I'm going to the Yelcho, Patagonia area in Chile for 2 wks on Feb. 3rd. This is my " Bucket List" trip. I have a very understanding wife & she "lets" me go to a cabin in Maine for a few scattered weeks, To Montana for a week or so & to the Bahamas for bones for a week.
These all pale in comparison to my dream trip to Chile
Neil
Old 01-10-2011, 12:35 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

alaska! 3 weeks starting in late july. a trip, possibly, to central west virginia is in the works for next fall. south western wisconsin is on the list as well.

ARFE
Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

It's all about the money these days huh? Same is true here but with some friends who have float planes I am hoping to get dropped in some new places this year. It is hard to think on Grayling and Trout when the salmon are in but it seems I'm missing out on some memorable stuff so.................... Deeper into the Interior for some trout & grayling is on the list.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
I retired about 8 months ago & after 37 years with the company, I figured I needed a reward. Soooooooo I'm going to the Yelcho, Patagonia area in Chile for 2 wks on Feb. 3rd. This is my " Bucket List" trip. I have a very understanding wife & she "lets" me go to a cabin in Maine for a few scattered weeks, To Montana for a week or so & to the Bahamas for bones for a week.
These all pale in comparison to my dream trip to Chile
Neil
Neil: I'm envious! I sure hope your Patagonia trip turns out great! Take lots of photos, most of us will never get a chance to fish there, but we would love to see your trip!

Larry

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
"Plan A" is a month in the Yellowstone area.
Fred: I love your plan! Can't go wrong with a month off fishing in the Yellowstone area.

Larry

Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

I'm addicted to the Ausable river in MI. 10,000 naturally reproducing trout per mile, and a couple hundred miles to pick from! I have only scratched the surface of that place. The trip will be shorter this summer; there will be a 1 yr old in tow when we head up this year. I hope to get 4 or 5 hours of fishing in everyday. I'm really going to be fishing less this year, that's kind of depressing. How old does a kid have to be to fly fish??? He needs to hurry up!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

For the last 7 years my big trip has been the same. I head down to Key Largo to spend a week to 10 days visiting my Dad. He is the one who gave me my passion for fly fishing. We spend the entire visit chasing Tarpon on the flats of Key Largo and in the Everglades.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 02-03-2011, 04:57 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be pretty tame for me. Looks like this year it's going to be Striper fishing off the mouth of the Kennebeck River in Maine; all Summer!

I am taking a vacation starting on Sunday for a couple of weeks down in the Caribbean - but there's no fishing in it........I know, sacrilege........but there's a reason for it.

And then again..................I may pack my 9 wt., reel and some flies, tippet, nippers, hemos...........................hmmmmm.

Pocono
Old 02-03-2011, 05:08 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
It's going to be pretty tame for me. Looks like this year it's going to be Striper fishing off the mouth of the Kennebeck River in Maine; all Summer!

I am taking a vacation starting on Sunday for a couple of weeks down in the Caribbean - but there's no fishing in it........I know, sacrilege........but there's a reason for it.

And then again..................I may pack my 9 wt., reel and some flies, tippet, nippers, hemos...........................hmmmmm.

Pocono
Well, if you were there now ... you'd be on an extended vacation. Fishing partner and his 'sig-other' were (or rather still are) down there for 2 weeks of 'fun in the Sun.' Were supposed to have been back this Tuesday .... not a chance. Gather the soonest they'll be able to leave San Juan will be Friday.

"Mother of All Storms" took care of (almost) all flights in .. or out.