The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many streams,creeks,rivers....have you already fished?

Maybe another useless and silly poll but a funny one!This afternoon,I was tidying papers when I found a sheet with the list of rivers I had already fished.As it was made many years ago I tried to complete it remembering all these places where I went fishing...and I found 58 names!I'm not sure I can do the same with the names of my girlfriends but I'm sure there aren't 58!
Ps...lakes and ponds are NOT included
Old 05-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many streams,creeks,rivers....have you already fished?

I thought my poll was a bit silly but not that much...for nobody has posted a reply up to now
So nobody knows?
Old 05-23-2009, 04:30 PM

MikeG will become famous soon enough

In IL I have fished almost every major creek and river from the Wisconsin border to Champaign, IL. Too many to name and that is only one state. I still got Wisconsin, Minnisota, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennesse, and Ontario Canada to name. I have a life long list of rivers I want to fish oneday, at least 200 different rivers on that list.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:18 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I've always felt that there were two types of fly fishermen
'Campers' and 'explorers'
Campers like to fish where they're comfortable. They know the terrain. They know every rock, every hole, every pool, and can probably call the fish by name.
Explorers get bored fishing the same places, they're never satisfied. They always need to see what's around the next bend. They'd rather get skunked than fish the same spot over and over.

I'm an explorer
Old 05-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks dear friends now I 'm a bit less silly than before
Great analysis Riptide!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Jean Paul,

Your question is not silly at all but hard to answer while still hoping to be taken seriously. hundreds, a thousand, I haven't a clue, since I started traveling to fish in 1979 I have put my flies in as many rivers, creeks, lakes and oceans as I could in 46 states (USA) and 9 provinces (Canada) anything that swam was game.

Going by Rip's analysis I'm a bit of both, explorer & camper among other things.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How many streams,creeks,rivers....have you already fished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Jean Paul,

Your question is not silly at all but hard to answer while still hoping to be taken seriously. hundreds, a thousand, I haven't a clue, since I started traveling to fish in 1979 I have put my flies in as many rivers, creeks, lakes and oceans as I could in 46 states (USA) and 9 provinces (Canada) anything that swam was game.

Going by Rip's analysis I'm a bit of both, explorer & camper among other things.

Ard
Sure a Casanova or Dom Juan (of rivers,creeks and oceans)like you can't answer this question
Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM

smith950 is on a distinguished road

26 off the top of my head. 2-OK, 2-AR, 5-MN, 3-SD, 3-CO, 4-WY, 3-NM in the US and 1-Poland and 3-Slovakia last year on business.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 PM

Davec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura about

Ive only hit one so far.
An I got skunked. Only fished lakes an ponds most my life an that was with bait cast. Now Im learning to cast a fly half way decent.
I tried the auglaize river here in Ohio for about an hour. Not sure If river fishing is my cup of tea.

Here is a question for all of you. SOme on told me that the land owners on both side of the river own the land under the river. So in essence if you are wading you are trespassing. But not if you are in a boat.
Any truth to that. Sounds like a pain in the but to get permission from every one to wade a stream.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:42 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here is a question for all of you. SOme on told me that the land owners on both side of the river own the land under the river. So in essence if you are wading you are trespassing. But not if you are in a boat.
Any truth to that. Sounds like a pain in the but to get permission from every one to wade a stream.
In general, that's true in the west, not so much in the east.
Different states, different laws.