The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum Prize Competitions

Forum Prize Competitions Enter our online Forum competitions for prizes donated by our brilliant trade sponsors or by Admin's overwhelming generosity!

Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default And the winner is...

Click the image to open in full size.

The winner of our very first caption competition is..............

jaybo41 with the hilarious "Ohhhh no! We're not touching a green weenie!"

Congratulations - please check your PMs!

We also are feeling rather generous this month and had a very close runner up so congratulations also go to.......

littledavid123 with the shrewdly observed "You say The North American Fly Fishing Forum is ripping us to shreds over a photo??? Buy the forum."

We will raid the junk pile, errr, I mean prize cupboard here to see what we can palm off on you/reward you with. Please check your PMs too.

We hope you have all entered the March competition already as there is another reel from Allen Fly Fishing up for grabs!
mcnerney, Rip Tide, jpbfly and 4 others like this.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 AM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: February Famous Fly Fisher Caption Competition sponsored by Allen FlyFishing

Congrats jaybo and littledavid, funny stuff!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 AM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: February Famous Fly Fisher Caption Competition sponsored by Allen FlyFishing

Congrats. Those were my favorites. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Well done gents.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for considering my posts and graciously granting a runner-up category.

If it pleases the selection committee, forward my winnings on to Mrs Fysh as a THANK YOU from all of us on NAFFF. Her time donated to Casting For Recovery represents the best this forum has to offer and we are all very proud of her work.

Dave
fysh, mcnerney, jpbfly and 7 others like this.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 AM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Suspected Jaybo's caption would be tough to beat. Way to go Jaybo!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all for consideration and the kind words on my entry in the contest. I'd especially like to thank Allen for working with the forum to sponsor the contest, it has been great reading the humorous comments others have posted!

Congratulations to all who entered and to littledavid for his entry! littledavid's donation inspired me and I am in the process of exchanging emails with my local contact for Project Healing Waters. Ultimately, I'd like to have my winnings sent to them.

Good luck to this month's contributors!
mcnerney, jpbfly, Editor and 5 others like this.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Come April it's going to be on Jabo41

Congratulations...

Dave
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough

That's a great gesture from both of our winners this month and of course we will happily comply with your wishes.
jaybo41 and littledavid123 like this.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM

mrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Thank you for considering my posts and graciously granting a runner-up category.

If it pleases the selection committee, forward my winnings on to Mrs Fysh as a THANK YOU from all of us on NAFFF. Her time donated to Casting For Recovery represents the best this forum has to offer and we are all very proud of her work.

Dave
A BIG thank you to littledavid123! Also, thanks to the forum and Allen for the contest and the donation.

CFR Utah appreciates all the support we receive from the forum and it's members. We couldn't do what we do for these amazing survivors without your help!

Have a wonderful weekend!
mcnerney, jpbfly, jaybo41 and 2 others like this.