The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum Prize Competitions

Forum Prize Competitions Enter our online Forum competitions for prizes donated by our brilliant trade sponsors or by Admin's overwhelming generosity!

Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: February Famous Fly Fisher Caption Competition sponsored by Allen FlyFishing

1. "You said public interest spot, not michelin man commercial"
2. "Ok, Ill do it, but you tell barack he is really gonna owe me after this one"
3. "I think we are gonna need a bigger boat"
4. "I thought you said float tube not inner tube"
5. "if you can make me look good in this outfit your worth every dime I pay you"
6. "can you hear me now? Your fired"
7. "you can add no fishing waders to that no spandax, no latex clause in my contract"
8. "tell em It's gonna be another hour, I just got in these things and now I gotta pee"
9. "When you said it was like a big innertube I thought you were talking about the float tube, not how I would look in these waders"

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Last edited by webrx; 02-03-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: February Famous Fly Fisher Caption Competition sponsored by Allen FlyFishing

Gayle to Oprah:
" I read it in The Curtis Creek Manifesto, girlfriend !....It's on your book club list."
Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 AM

jeepster II is a jewel in the roughjeepster II is a jewel in the roughjeepster II is a jewel in the roughjeepster II is a jewel in the rough

I thought you said these outfits were breathable.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

1: Gayle with her fist on her hip, exclaims. “Two grand in gear and we forgot the shades!”

2: Gayle with her fist on her hip, exclaims. “I think those guys at the fly shop were just messing’ with us.”

3: Oprah answering her cell phone. “Winston?... Winston who?”

4: Oprah on the phone: “ Sage will be O.K., but I prefer fresh dill on my
grilled fish “

With the Super Bowl about to get under way. Caption reads:

“ Warning, Wardrobe Malfunction Imminent.”

TT

Last edited by trout trekker; 03-27-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Bump to top! We have some great submissions, but I'm sure you guys can top what has already been submitted, there is a great Allen Fly Reel up for grabs......put your best effort into this and win a new reel!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 PM

nickel will become famous soon enoughnickel will become famous soon enough

" Hold on a minute Gayle." " I'm getting crucial intel on what patterns we should be drifting through this next tailout on the river."
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 PM

roofish is on a distinguished road

"Yes that's right Steadman. Gayle & I got everything we need for this trip @ Allen FlyFishing. So give them a call!"
Old 02-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

Please support our sponsor and click here to find out all about the Allen FlyFishing range of gear!

To enter all you need to do is come up with the best caption as judged by us for the photo below showing our celebrity fly fisher.

For February we feature none other than TV chat show Queen Oprah Winfrey who was captured trying out the sport last year with CBS anchor Gayle King in their lovely matching outfits!

You can enter as many times as you want and the closing date is the end of the month. The result will be posted and the lucky winner announced once judging has taken place.

Let the games begin...

Click the image to open in full size.

All entries must please respect our standard Terms and Conditions regarding inappropriate or objectionable content.
Gayle to Oprah.....do a quick little run around the dials to see what everybody’s doing — CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN... then we can get Fishing

Oprah...... I'm on the O-Phone Gayle !
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Surely someone can make a felt sole wading shoe with a stiletto heel!!! Get Simms on the line......tell them it's Oprah!!!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I've had donuts weigh more than this rod!

Dave

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

This Allen fly rod is so light, you could whip your kids all day and not get tired.

Dave