The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum Prize Competitions

Forum Prize Competitions Enter our online Forum competitions for prizes donated by our brilliant trade sponsors or by Admin's overwhelming generosity!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 08:05 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: July Caption Competition sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:07 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

I have eaten a lot of fish in my lifetime.....suddenly I understand the true meaning of Karma .....
What comes around, goes around !
Old 07-31-2013, 03:56 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Meanwhile, back at the flats.......our friend here, after spending last month getting "high holed" on the streams of Yellowstone.........suddenly has an acute desire for shark fin soup!!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 07-31-2013, 05:25 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Hmmmm.....Fluorocarbon or nylon tippet?
Old 08-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Fish&Fly Member Services

Sofi is on a distinguished road

And the winner of July's Caption Competition sponsored By Allen Fly Fishing is........half fast with this caption:

"It was then that Frank invented his new "double-haul-ass" technique......."

Spot on and well done!

This month is a little bit different. Justin at Allen Fly Fishing informed us that the winner now can choose the Kraken Reel size 2 or the Trout II Reel.

What are you going for half fast?

Thank you again to Allen Fly Fishing for sponsoring this competition and offering such great prizes.

If you did not win this time why not give it a go in the August Caption Competition?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:05 AM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofi View Post
[IMG]

Spot on and well done!

This month is a little bit different. Justin at Allen Fly Fishing informed us that the winner now can choose the Kraken Reel size 2 or the Trout II Reel.

What are you going for half fast?

WOW!!! Thank you!

I just started saltwater fly fishing this summer and I need a new reel, so it'll definitely be the Kraken. (I'm in Florida; we don't have those little trout minnow things around here. ) Private Message on the way to you.

I'm thrilled and flattered. I'm also trying to figure out a way to explain to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed that I'll need to buy a new rod worthy of this reel.....

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by half fast View Post
WOW!!! Thank you!

I just started saltwater fly fishing this summer and I need a new reel, so it'll definitely be the Kraken. (I'm in Florida; we don't have those little trout minnow things around here. ) Private Message on the way to you.

I'm thrilled and flattered. I'm also trying to figure out a way to explain to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed that I'll need to buy a new rod worthy of this reel.....
I've always found that no explanation is the best explanation. Don't give her a reason to ever say you're not spontaneous enough.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Well done half fast,

There were a bunch of good caption replies but the 'Double Haul Ass' was indeed clever.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-02-2013, 02:45 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Congrats half fast.........I thought your posts were hilarious!!! I liked them all.......job well done........enjoy the reel!! Just tell SWMBO about all of the savings on the reel........besides....some of our forum sponsors are sure to have some great deals!!!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 08-02-2013, 02:59 PM

ryu1er is on a distinguished road

Congrats!!