The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum Prize Competitions

Forum Prize Competitions Enter our online Forum competitions for prizes donated by our brilliant trade sponsors or by Admin's overwhelming generosity!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Business Member

Flygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to behold
Default Custom Wood Flybox GIVE-AWAY! **ENDED**

THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED

Hey Guys!
First of all I'd like to announce my new forum sponsorship. Please follow the link Flygrain

I plan on running some periodic contests to get my wood flyboxes into your hands for FREE. These boxes are 100% handmade by myself and I take great pride in my craftsmanship. occasionally the give away box will be one with a minor aesthetic defect. occasionally, it will be flawless. I will specify in the contests.

What I am giving away now is a PERFECT, FLAWLESS flybox I specifically made with this contest in mind. The design has a pivot door operation with a magnet closure. this specific design is called "The Riffle" and is derived from my popular "Pocket Box" line.
This box has a main body of hard maple and the lid is a gorgeous, figured quilted maple. The hardware is a stainless steel post screw and powerful, small magnets. This is a very aesthetically pleasing design and very functional. The inserts are a handmade rippled cork. It really adds a classy look and is FAR more durable and self-healing than you'd think. You'll believe it when you see it

My boxes are finished inside and out with 5 coats of SPAR marine urethane.
They are made for use. This box is slightly less than 3x5x1"

Click the image to open in full size.

This is a very short video showing the operation of this box design. Very smooth and efficient!

wood flybox - YouTube

OK! Heres how you win!

This contest is "GUESS THE WEIGHT".

Here's the rules...

1- Your guess must read like this X.XXoz.
2- Only ONE GUESS per person. Please respect this in fairness to everyone and so I don't have to police the thread.
3- If the participation dies off, I will do a round II. This contest wont end til someone wins!

When I say free, I mean TOTALLY FREE. I will even cover DOMESTIC shipping.

Now... Let the games begin
mcnerney, baseman1 and mikey_boots like this.
facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flygr...0954084?ref=hl

Last edited by Flygrain; 03-10-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Custom Wood Flybox GIVE-AWAY!

Awesome contest! Congrats on the sponsorship.
Flygrain likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:35 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

4.02oz Exceptional work!

Kelly.

Last edited by kglissmeyer1; 03-06-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

03.8 oz

Cool contest, and that box is certainly worth a guess!
Flygrain likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:35 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Thank you for the sponsorship.

2.3 oz.

-Labguy
Flygrain likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:49 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

5.17 oz

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 03-05-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Business Member

Flygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys. after reviewing your guesses and seeing a pattern, I realized I made a typo. The guesses should read like this X.XX I had the decimal in the wrong place. My apologies! DOH!!! You guys that have already submitted a guess, feel free to submit another.

Thanks!
facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flygr...0954084?ref=hl
Old 03-05-2014, 02:57 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

4.44 this should be better...I didn't think it looked big enough to be over 10 oz.
Flygrain likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

4.31 oz

Great looking boxes.
Flygrain likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:12 PM

wjl is on a distinguished road

5.63 oz
Looks great and Thanks.
jbird likes this.