The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Gear Reviews

Gear Reviews Get the reviews you need. Hear it from the pros. Post your own reviews...

Like Tree5Likes

Comment

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Patagonia Stealth Atom Sling
dean_mt
06-28-2012
In the end it all depends on what you want out of your pack and how you use it. The things I want out of my fishing pack, on top of carrying enough flies and fishing gear, are:
-ability to carry water and food for a long fishing day
-ability to carry a stuffed rain shell/layerClick here to read the entire review
By ted4887 on 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Default Re: Patagonia Stealth Atom Sling

I hear you on that one. I've got one last shop to get in touch with next week. He said there is a slight chance they might have one left. I'll be calling first thing Monday morning.
By ted4887 on 01-10-2013, 12:53 PM

Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone that was interested in one of these but couldn't find one like myself. Chicago Fly Fishing Outfitters has one left. They just got a few in from and I took the first. Probably want to give them a call quickly if you're interested.
By depenner on 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Congrats. Glad you could find one. Mine should be here tomorrow and then I can start figuring out what to put where.

david

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone that was interested in one of these but couldn't find one like myself. Chicago Fly Fishing Outfitters has one left. They just got a few in from and I took the first. Probably want to give them a call quickly if you're interested.
By dennis_t on 01-30-2013, 07:38 AM

Been looking for one of these for months now. FINALLY found one yesterday at backcountry.com. They had 5, I bought one so they're down to 4. Free shipping, too. Going to be here Friday 2-1.
By Vans on 03-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Member reviews
Performance
80%80%80%
Build Quality
100%100%100%
Appearance
100%100%100%
Value
60%60%60%
Overall
90%90%90%
Average 86%

Just picked one of these up.

I have an over abundance of chest packs. One of them was getting to be a pain in the @$$ to get into and after hearing so many good reviews about the new sling type packs i had to give one a try.

Very happy with this pack. Love the waterproof pouch on the inside. Much like Orvis, Simms and other high end names in fly fishing toys, this Patagonia pack was a bit on the spendy side imo. About my only complaint with it really.
By MAD777 on 07-08-2013, 08:50 PM

I've been using this pack for a few months now and I agree with all that the original poster said. It is a super versatile pack, well organized and comfortable to wear. It is much cooler than a vest. I don't even notice it while I'm fishing. It is extremely well built and will probably outlast me. I will give this piece of gear and A+ rating.
Comment

Review Tools