The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Gear Reviews

Gear Reviews Get the reviews you need. Hear it from the pros. Post your own reviews...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By missin44

Comment

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case
Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case
Published by missin44
11-09-2012
Author review
Performance
90%90%90%
Build Quality
100%100%100%
Appearance
100%100%100%
Value
80%80%80%
Overall
90%90%90%
Average 92%
Default Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case

Recently after much research I purchased the Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece rod case. I often airline to where I fish, I always like to carry 2 rods. I had been looks at a number of different cases that would carry both rods with reels attached. Resently in Montana I was able to compare cases made by others, all side by side, and found that for what I needed the Simms was the easy choice based features, quality and price. It's perfect for travel via car or airline when needing to travel with 2 rods. The is ample padding and protection for rods and reels.

One small complaint is that with the case comes with a shoulder strap but needs added handle. That said it is very easy to shorten the shoulder strap to be used as a handle.

A quality product at a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Simms Fishing Products : : Headwaters
Hardyreels likes this.
Featured Reviews
By troutnut4 on 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Default Re: Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case

Glad to come across this review. I am in the process of buying a double and will probably pick up this particular one.
By custompolz on 04-01-2013, 03:41 PM

I am looking for one myself but cant find them in my area except on the internet. Does this one have separate "sock like" compartments for the four pieces of the rod to be separated inside the tube?

Thanks for the review!
By mizuno on 04-02-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custompolz View Post
I am looking for one myself but cant find them in my area except on the internet. Does this one have separate "sock like" compartments for the four pieces of the rod to be separated inside the tube?

Thanks for the review!
I received one last Christmas and it is great! There is a separate sleeve for each section so there is material between them when stored and they don't rub against each other.
By troutnut4 on 04-03-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno View Post
I received one last Christmas and it is great! There is a separate sleeve for each section so there is material between them when stored and they don't rub against each other.
I have the same case and like everything about it with the exception of one thing. I store two rods (7'-6" and 8'-6", 4 pc.) in the case which will handle 9'-0" rods. The individual sections of the shorter rods slip to the bottom of the case and are not at the top for easy removal. (You have to "fish" for them). Just a minor inconvenience. I plan to add a small pocket inside to store ferrule plugs that accompany the Hardy Zenith rods. I will probably buy a SIMMS single as well.
Comment

Review Tools