The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Gear Reviews

Gear Reviews Get the reviews you need. Hear it from the pros. Post your own reviews...

Comment

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Magellan Sling Pack
Magellan Sling Pack
Published by osok
01-31-2013
Author review
Performance
100%100%100%
Build Quality
100%100%100%
Appearance
100%100%100%
Value
100%100%100%
Overall
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Default Magellan Sling Pack

I think this is a hidden gem. Same size and perhaps slightly larger than my friends Orvis Safe Passage pack. Doesn't have the big name in fly fishing circles but has the quality. A few features are multiple D-rings for attachments, removeable waterpoof pouch with sunglasses cloth, built in velcro rod holder, velcro plier holder. Has three pouches with double zippers, contains two plastic tackle trays(room for fly boxes), I'm using trays for fly tying hooks. Ultra light and has an extra strap that goes under the arm so pack will not slide or hang out away from your body when leaning over. Keeps the pack out of your way while casting or walking. Sling is for left or right body use.

I carry my rain jacket, sandwich, water, snack, spare spool or reel in one pouch, two fly boxes measuring 8x5 inches in second pouch, and third pouch carries extra items such as indicators, leaders, tippet, nail knot tool, etc. Has loops on zippers so you may attach tippet holder or use D-rings. All straps have adjustable quick release buckles. Attractive sage color with orange piping.

Drum roll for the price.... $24.99 I found mine at Academy Outdoors Academy - Tackle Storage

I gave it all 10's because that's what it is, a 10.
Featured Reviews
By brookfieldangler on 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Default Re: Magellan Sling Pack

Great review.

I have one of those inexpensive packs from a company named Allen (not the same one as the reels) and have been more than happy with it.

I may have to add this one to the list
Comment

Review Tools