The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Gear Reviews

Gear Reviews Get the reviews you need. Hear it from the pros. Post your own reviews...

Like Tree3Likes

Comment

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Camolux Freshwater Fly Lines by RIO Products
fishingreviewstv
04-04-2013
By mcnerney on 04-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Default Re: Camolux Freshwater Fly Lines by RIO Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
I went to Rio's website and found this page.
AquaLux - Freshwater Fly Lines | RIO

it says that the sink rate is 1.5-2.0 ips as well. So what would be the difference between them?

I just recently ordered a discontinued and discounted Rio Avid Intermediate clear line from backcountry.com for fishing deep ledge for bass of a boat. I wonder if this line is the same but the cheapo version of the Camo.
Thanks, I see it now where it shows the sink rate. The only difference I can see is that the Camo is a clear line like the Cortland line and the Aqua looks to be a light blue colored line. The Cortland Camo line is still a slower sink rate at 1-1 1/2 ips, but like Mojo said he doesn't like the memory. It would be interesting to see a side by side test/review.

I'm not sure about it but when you read the RIO description of the Rio Avid Intermediate it sure sounds like the cheaper version of the Camo. Here is what they say "RIO's Avid Series of lines were developed for the avid fly fisher with tapers and technology that enhance the fly fishing experience Clear, slow sinking line that will not spook wary fish Sinks about 1.5 to 2 inches per second Taper designed for easy casting New for 2012".
By fishingreviewstv on 04-07-2013, 09:02 AM

The Camolux is not completely clear, it has varying colours running through it. As you can see in the picture.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hence the "camo" part of the title.
By runningfish on 04-08-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Thanks, I see it now where it shows the sink rate. The only difference I can see is that the Camo is a clear line like the Cortland line and the Aqua looks to be a light blue colored line. The Cortland Camo line is still a slower sink rate at 1-1 1/2 ips, but like Mojo said he doesn't like the memory. It would be interesting to see a side by side test/review.

I'm not sure about it but when you read the RIO description of the Rio Avid Intermediate it sure sounds like the cheaper version of the Camo. Here is what they say "RIO's Avid Series of lines were developed for the avid fly fisher with tapers and technology that enhance the fly fishing experience Clear, slow sinking line that will not spook wary fish Sinks about 1.5 to 2 inches per second Taper designed for easy casting New for 2012".
The cheaper the better for a newbie like me. Thanks Larry.
By coug on 04-08-2013, 07:44 AM

I have both aqualux and camolux. Both have sink rates of 1.5-2.0 ips on the box. Kudos to the OP for a nice review!
Comment

Review Tools