The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Gear Reviews

Gear Reviews Get the reviews you need. Hear it from the pros. Post your own reviews...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By brucerducer

Comment

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
WaterProofing Srays for Waders
WaterProofing Srays for Waders
Published by brucerducer
06-02-2013
Author review
PerformanceN/A
Build QualityN/A
AppearanceN/A
ValueN/A
OverallN/A
Average N/A%
Default WaterProofing Srays for Waders

Over Half a year ago, I asked about products to be used for Waterproofing. Basically, forum members here told me that the did not use anything.

But I did research and made two purchases on Amazon.

I bought Nikwax 16.9 oz for $15.99

I bought ReviveX Spray on Water Repellent for
Outerwear 10 oz about $15.00

Look at the much larger quantity to be had for less price from NikWax.

I applied Nikwax and used almost a whole bottle for a full size Wader.

I applied ReviveX and needed most of 2 bottles to cover 1 pair of Waders, so the cost of using ReviveX once was almost the whole $30.00 of cost for 2 bottles.

In addition, I had much difficulty using the poorly made plastic spray bottle for ReviveX. Each time you pull the spray trigger, the nozzle turns from pointing to the front.

Worse Still, the ReviveX bottle Sprays very wide. If I had sprayed from their recommended distance of 10" I would have wasted most of my effort, because the spray comes out unevenly, with big streams in one direction, and a slight mist in another.

Both Liquids have whitish or thin milky appearance. I wondered if both are not the same product?

The long and the short was, the NikWax worked much the better in the application. It sealed up my GoreTex waders just fine.

oarfish and alexs like this.
Featured Reviews
Comment

Review Tools