The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Gear Reviews

Gear Reviews Get the reviews you need. Hear it from the pros. Post your own reviews...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mka

Comment

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Rod Racks by Tight Lines Enterprises
Rod Racks by Tight Lines Enterprises
Published by mka
07-31-2016
Author review
PerformanceN/A
Build QualityN/A
AppearanceN/A
ValueN/A
OverallN/A
Average N/A%
Default Rod Racks by Tight Lines Enterprises

A couple of weeks ago we were camping and fishing up in the Valle Vidal. I was in a bit of a rush breaking down the campsite to be able to return at a decent hour of our last day...when I pulled into my driveway and got of the truck, I looked up and saw my rod in the magnetic rod racks on top of the cab. I forgot to remove them for the ride home. They rode the 4 hour trip home no problem...and I hate to say there were a couple of stretches that I hit 90mph - that gets my endorsement for these rod holders. I've had these for a couple of years and they are very convenient.

Per Tight Line Enterprises:
"The Rod Racks from Tight Line Enterprises are designed for the fly fisher who travels from hole to hole by automobile and wishes to transport his valuable and delicate rods without the time and inconvenience of breakdown and re-rigging. The inherent beauty of the system is that it has two carrier assemblies capable of transporting up to four rods. It mounts on the car, pick-up or SUV by means of powerful magnets and / or vacuum cups that can be easily attached and removed. The system is lightweight and portable enough to pack in your luggage on a fly-in trip for use on your rental car. An especially attractive product feature is the open-ended design that allows convenient mounting and removal of the rods. This design was specifically developed to accommodate fly rods without a fighting butt to avoid crushing your fly line in a pinch-point against the rod holder. Although originally designed for fly rods, we have found this product is sturdy enough to carry large surf rods and most any other fishing rod that won’t fit conveniently into your vehicle."

Tight Line Enterprises Transport Systems - Rod Transport Systems, Magnetic Rod Guards, Rod Transport Conversion Kits

If you can't afford a rod vault, these are a nice alternative - Mike
eastfly66 likes this.
Featured Reviews
Comment

Review Tools