The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Gear Reviews

Gear Reviews Get the reviews you need. Hear it from the pros. Post your own reviews...

Comment

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Satisfied ECHO Fly Rod Customer
Published by Fish Bones
09-08-2005
Author review
PerformanceN/A
Build QualityN/A
AppearanceN/A
ValueN/A
OverallN/A
Average N/A%
Default Satisfied ECHO Fly Rod Customer

The following is the email one of my ECHO rod customers sent to Rajeff Sports. He bought two ECHO rods from me and he's happy he did. The line of ECHO rods are fantastic. They are, by far, our best selling fly rods.

His letter and review is as follows:

Greetings, a brief note of thanks. First I got to talk to a reel human in Tejas named Steve at the Full Creel who was most helpful and pleasant. Then as a second opinion a brief visit with I believe Katherine at Rajeff Sports (oohh, they answer their phones!) to comfirm a choice I was second guessing. She too was very helpful and pleasant and insightful enough to ask the questions I had neglected to consider about my purchase. I've bought your rods for others at their request as I visit this show or that show, but never for me. And so...they have arrived. I must say that under that light of my entry way late yesterday evening after putting a house full of humans to sleep. In my brief monet of peace I inspected my new jolly green giant colored rods and put the 10' 8wt together. Almost immediately thought (based on my new found knowledge of casting imparted by Katherine) I fear this 8wt was not for me. After a few waggles at the bugs insanely crashing into my porch lights, I thought to myself, I don't know how to use a bazooka. This thing is a rocket launcher and in spite of my egos plea for mercy had to admit, I might not be strong enough for this rod. Well, the fly gods are once again with me and have delivered me to good people who speak the truth and after a hot lunch hour in the park down the street from my office, I have seen the light. I can feel the load, I can feel the kick, I have sense of where my back cast is (which is not always the case) and in no time found myself double-hauling shots into the trees with a size 2 salmon fly at the end of my line. For those of us who do not have fly shops in our communities and therefore are left to order long distance online or over the phone, or left to the dregs of the fly show circuit, or buying rods mid-trip from some 18-year old who says he's a guide and has the manditory bad facial hair to prove it but only wants to sell me the "cool" rod that can throw across the canyon with no interest in what my stroke actually is capable of, this was a fantastic change of pace. Thank you for your time and input, it is very much appreciated. God help the Salmon and Stealhead of Nor Cal as we head into fall. Right now there's stealhead working his way up the Lower Sacto laughing at me and that comment. Take care - Chris

Chris Aldritt
Sr. Business Relationship Manager
Central California Division
Wells Fargo Bank California Business Banking Group
Featured Reviews
By Piscator on 09-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Default Re: Satisfied ECHO Fly Rod Customer

Steve,
Now I can't wait to get my Echo 3wt. I catch you at the next LSFF meeting.
Thanks,
Terry

P.S. Did you throw in the Loon with my order as well?
By STARMedic on 05-14-2006, 08:45 PM

Mr. Robbins and Terry, thanks for the reviews on the Echo rods. Im still tryin to line up a first rig and have for the most part settled on the Cortland Endurance reel, with an ECHO rod. Ive been away for awhile and had my head deep in the books tryin to finish my degree, and puttin time in at ER's around Texas.....

Take care guys.

Bruce
By fshfanatic on 05-14-2006, 09:10 PM

The Echo rods are sweet. I bought a 9' 8wt 4piece for salt water in Mexico and for the Bass at lake pleasant. It is all I could have ever asked for and more.

Yes, it is a friggin cannon! I threw a Galvan Torque on it and I love the result!!!!
By Piscator on 05-15-2006, 11:54 AM

Bruce,
You will not be disappointed in you selection. I'll be taking my 3 weight up this weekend to the LMF river. I can't wait.
Later,
Terry
By peanut on 07-01-2009, 02:20 AM

i am new to all this.I just bought a new echo ion 9ft 8 weight.have any of you played with it yet and how did you like it
By HuronRiverDan on 07-01-2009, 07:52 AM

I bought a 10' 6wt in March; I absolutely love it! It casted like I couldn't believe and handled our Great Lakes Steelies with no problems.

Dan
Comment

Review Tools