The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Gear Reviews

Gear Reviews Get the reviews you need. Hear it from the pros. Post your own reviews...

Comment

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Echo Echo990-4x ( 9ft / 9wt / 4piece )
Published by fshfanatic
11-15-2005
Author review
PerformanceN/A
Build QualityN/A
AppearanceN/A
ValueN/A
OverallN/A
Average N/A%
Thumbs up Echo Echo990-4x ( 9ft / 9wt / 4piece )

[img2="right"]http://www.echoflyfishing.com/test/images/echo_beach.jpg[/img2] I received my rod from Steve the dayt before I was to leave for Mexico on a 3 day Salt Water flyfishing trip at Rocky Point, just south of the Arizona / Mexico border. After fishing with this rod for a few days, I can honestly say that I would put this rod up against ANY rod on the market today.

The Echo rod loaded quickly and I was able to make long casts, even into the wind with little to no effort at all. This rod is a cannon! I had no issues what so ever with throwing between 50 - 75% of my line from a sitting position. It is light so there is little to no arm fatigue even after a long day on the ocean. It handles very similar to Sage's XP series..

At the price of $149 this rod is a must have!

From Echo's Website:
The Echo Classic fly fishing rods were designed by Tim Rajeff to be the best value in available performance fly rods. All Echo Classic fly rods feature an incredibly modest price but still perform like "premium" fly rods and outperform any comparibly priced rod. The power and action of each Echo rod is specifically designed for optimal performance in its most widely used application.
All Echo Classic rods are four piece fly rods with a gloss deep emerald finish, ceramic stripper guides and single foot snake guides. Depending on the model, handles are Half or Full Wells grips with mortised, impregnated hardwood reel seats or anodized aluminum reel seats. Each rod comes with a cloth sock and cordura-covered PVC rod tube.
Featured Reviews
Read more
Cortland Trout BOSS Fly Line

Cortland's New Premium Trout Fly Line
By BigCliff on 11-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Default Re: Echo Echo990-4x ( 9ft / 9wt / 4piece )

Thanks for the report Mike, I think you have put the nail in the coffin on my next rod to be acquired- the ECHO 7wt. Good to know that there is a great affordable 9wt out there for all the guys on the east and west coast chasing stripers.

How many species did you catch down there?
By Fish Bones on 11-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Default Re: Echo Echo990-4x ( 9ft / 9wt / 4piece )

Great report Mike. Now you see why I have raved on these Echos rods for months.
Comment

Review Tools