The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default finally Got my New Fish Mobile and More!

I'm not sure when I was here last as I've been through a both good and hellish week.

Last weekend I was talking to a friend of mine who is a repo guy and owns a repo lot and mentioned to him that I'm looking for a Subaru Forester. The long and the short of it is he had an 2009 Subaru Forester base model and he arranged with the bank to sell it to me for what was due on the loan which was more like what I'd have to pay for an 2004 which is what I had been looking for.

The bad part is last Wednesday my mother went in for a doctor appointment to follow up on a issue with her lungs. 2 months ago she went in for a cough and they did an xray and there was something on her lung. The doctor ordered a C-Scan and that unit was supposed call her, but never did. This is why she was going in. However while walking from her car to the Doctor's office she had a heart attack and was rushed into emergency and was admitted to the hospitol while there it was discovered that she needs a 3-way bipass, but before they can do it they must biopsy the lung to see if the spot is cancer. Then it was dicovered that equipment needed for the biopsy needs to be repaired, before they can do it so they sent her home and the biopsy will not be till next Tuesday. The crazy thing is she was going into the doctor about the lung and the chronic cough, but she was not planning on telling the doctor she has been have increasing number of angina attacks.

Needless to say I've not been fishing, but I've gotten plenty of time driving my Mini-SUV back in forth from home, hospitol, and work.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finally Got my New Fish Mobile and More!

Tom: Wow, sounds like you have had a rough week, I sure hope your mom gets the treatment she needs! Nice score on the Subaru, congrats!

Larry

Old 02-03-2011, 11:30 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finally Got my New Fish Mobile and More!

Hmmmm....Crazy Stuff, Tom! Hopefully your mother will be fine. Medical care has made leaps and bounds in the past decade, and they do a pretty good job at keeping people alive. My father is a physician, and his health is terrible (REALLY TERRIBLE). You wouldn't know it to look at him, and he works 40+ hours a week.

I bought a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in December of 2008, and that was going to be our fish mobile. I paid $1,000, and it's running as strong as ever after we've put over 25,000 miles on it (odometer reads 205,000). We use it for any trip over 5 miles, and the high seat position is something I can't drive without now. I always wanted a Subara wagon back in the late 1970's/early 1980's, and thought they'd make a great vehicle for outdoorsmen.