The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 06:17 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default ** retired! **

Yup, I did it..................yesterday was my last day! From SVP to RET all in the planned blink of an eye.

Time now for some more fun! Heading off to the Caribbean tomorrow for s little R&R in the sun!

It's not a fishing vacation, but I am, for some reason, finding space in my suitcase to pack my 9'0" Sage TCX 7 wt., a reel loaded with 9 wt. line (sorry Cliff - this is the only rod that I chronically overline! ), a box of Crazy Charlies and Gotchas, shoes and some assorted gear.

I'll be out of pocket for awhile.............but I'm really ready for this next chapter, which I know will have a lot more fishing in it!

Wish me luck..........I have no idea what's on the other side of this decision.....

Pocono
Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: ** retired! **

Have a great holiday, and all the best for retirement.

At least you have a head start on most people, everyone else needs to find a hobby to give them somthing to do

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 02-05-2011, 09:22 AM

Shane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations!

I hope your retirement lasts longer than mine. I retired in November and started another job in January.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for your retirement AllanHope Marty and you will have a great holiday
Old 02-05-2011, 09:39 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

HOT DOGGIES!!!!!!! Congradulations, Pocono. That's a great rod too.

Mine has a special place in my van where it stays from spring though Oct, full length, strung up, with the tip stuck between the arm rest cushion and the back of the rear bucket seat, right next to a pair of sand filled sneakers, fishing hat with dual headlights and fly box.

The other bucket seat holds the 12 wt Nov-June.

I may not be retired, but a lot of people think I am.

Have a great trip.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-05-2011, 09:51 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Working is highly over-rated, and takes away precious time from fly fishing, etc. We lived in Ocean City, NJ from 1994-2000, and many of the year-round residents were retired. I'd never seen a more active and alive bunch of people in my life! I suppose the group that lived in Ocean City had moved there because they were in good health, and they were a very physically active bunch. You seem to be in that group, so I wish you the best on your adventures.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Pocono

Enjoey your trip but most of enjoy fishing it sounds like your new JOB!!! LOL

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 AM

Ian Mann 4 will become famous soon enough

Congrats Pocono!

For the three months I was "retired" I found more work to do from the dreaded honeydo list than I did when I actually worked. Funny how spouses do that.

I hope your honeydo list is significantly shorter and you have time to wet a line.

--E
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Congratulations, hopefully I can do that in 8 or 9 years. Have fun!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:56 AM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Pocono, congratulations!!!!!
Maybe you'll make it out this way to fish as well someday.
Enjoy the sandy beaches, say hi to Tatu.

Jim

Bigfly