The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Official Pocono's fly testing

Last week I swapped flies with Pocono,he sent me a nice box,with his favorite flies and all the recipes.So today I decided to test some.
I didn't have much time today and the wind was high(80kmph) but I went fishing with my friend J Marc to our nearest spot 15 m from home we call Cambous Bridge.It was hard because of the wind and the fish were extremely suspicious so we didn't catch many.I tried Pocono's dry flies,after missing a very big one I could land a nice one on his Adams.We caught smaller ones and JM missed a huge one on nymph...he didn't wait for the wide mouth to close....and striked when it was wide open...and wide it was!
Pocono's flies are now officially endorsed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c r o 2 103.jpg (100.0 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg c r o 2 101.jpg (98.9 KB, 87 views)
Old 06-20-2009, 11:44 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official Pocono's fly testing

I guess that makes Pocono a flytyer of international fame... Just think , we knew him wayyy back whennnn...
Old 06-20-2009, 01:07 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I think the reality is probably closer to the fact that J-P and his friend J-M are such accomplished trout fishermen that they could probably catch their limit on bare hooks!

Thanks for the pics!

Pocono
Old 06-20-2009, 01:15 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see pics from France !

Is the Adams a pattern that is fished much in France/Europe? Are there patterns that are widely used in Europe, but
not here, and vice versa?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

JP: Nice photos, thanks for sharing!

Larry
Old 06-21-2009, 07:40 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Nice pics JP, that river looks very similar to the mid reach of the selwyn river,

Chris
Old 06-21-2009, 07:48 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post

Is the Adams a pattern that is fished much in France/Europe? Are there patterns that are widely used in Europe, but
There are patterns from the US, and France that are new to me, the Adams is a very well known pattern over here and efective too
Chris
Old 06-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
Nice pics JP, that river looks very similar to the mid reach of the selwyn river,

Chris
Chris....the river maybe...not the fish I'm afraid... no trout here!except some stocked rainbows which could escape the "viandars"( meaters?) but there are big chubs and subtle daces
Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post

US flies are not much used here,some are wellknown though.On the contrary Us fly rods are widely used and estimated