The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly
Default Re: Flies for Dirty Water

I don't do it, but the term for shot on the bottom of the tippet with flies above is dropshotting. Works great except, I think Tin or tungston shot is less toxic in the environment. We keep the lead we ingest, and so do the fish. Something to think about when you eat a bigger fish. (Horrors!) They've had more time to collect it, so you get a bigger dose when you eat it. As far as muddy water goes, they keep eating but have a harder time picking out meals. Big, and bright, with a small desert portion often works. I think of it as a billboard fly (they have to look). They are on the bottom, or on the edges in fast melt or run off conditions. I consider this a low pressure time because everybody does yard work or watches TV. Less fishermen mean more fish for me. Not to be greedy!