The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 AM

Fox Statler will become famous soon enough
Default Dorber New UltraWave rod

Click the image to open in full size. This rod is built on Dorber's new UltraWave blank, notice the blank is not straight. Their production rod comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. They are the greatest fly rod I have ever cast or fished.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:56 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dorber New UltraWave rod

Cant say i have ever seen a rod that is naturally bent in its relaxed state.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:06 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Interesting concept. It won't go anywhere because of that though. The fly fishing world isn't ready for a factory curved rod.
It'll be an interesting ride. Will it fly or will it sink? I'd like to give it a test drive.

Last edited by mojo; 02-06-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

If i was in your position Fox, i would be up front about your commercial interest in this product.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Although I strive to present an objective nature and avoid negative prose, I must confess that I am not a big fan of reinventing the wheel. I have not been a professional in this game at all but I hold an honorary doctorate degree in the 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' discipline.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-06-2011, 04:09 PM

Yes, I do have a commercial interest in the rods, I am allowed to build customs on their blanks, which will be very few now that I am retired. However, I fished with them and formed my opinion of them long before I was granted permission to build on their blanks.

HardyReels,
Without invention and creative ideas, the fly rods would still be an ash tree sapling with no reel (which you seem so fond of), no reel seat, no guides, no metal or fiberglass or graphite blanks. The line would not shark skin. Now, if you read and find out what true traditionalist really were, you would find that they were always looking for new inventive ideas. That is why fly fishing has changed so much since it beginning. You are entitled to you opinion though. For me, I would rather lead rather than follow, be progressive instead of standing still. I would rather inspire and promote invention and not try to stifle or impede it.

These rod are not going to fail, they fish better than a straight rod in my opinion and several others, and I have fished thousands of straight ones. The anglers of Europe are definitely excited about them, and as a group, they are very receptive to advancements in fishing.

The UltraWave is a Thoroughbred in a field of ponies. Straight blank manufactures are a Giant Step behind and Dorber is leading by a mile. UltraWave rods are the greatest advancement in fishing since snake guides.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

My apologies if my rather offhanded remarks were offensive at all. Rather than debate my tastes in tackle, I would invite you to become a business member for the promotion of this product.

You are obviously a leader with a greater range of knowledge than I, and I encourage you to do so.

Regards,

Ard Stetts

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-06-2011, 05:58 PM

HardyReel,
Your post did not offend me at all. I just thought that if I enlightened you of the history of the inventive nature of our predecessors you might soften your attitude toward the UltraWave rod and other inventions.

We should all welcome inventive idea, and it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, because they make us think and re-consider what we have done in fly fishing.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:58 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Fox, when are blanks going to be available, and how much?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 PM

304rodco has a spectacular aura about304rodco has a spectacular aura about

Interesting concept. Not my cup of tea though. I don't feel that casting is a limiting factor in freshwater. May be interesting to see what it
helps as far as casting in salt from the surf.

www.304rodcompany.com