The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 PM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough
Default new member..... new toy......

greetings.

new member? well, sorta...

new toy? HECK YES!!.... i just picked up a winston bII-mx in 9' 5-weight..... paired it with a lamson guru 2.0 and some rio gold line....

i'm so excited and i just had to share the news with folks who would understand my joy because my wife just scratches her head when i talk fly fishing to her..... "it's just a fishing pole," she replies.

much nymphing and streamer fishing in the near future, i predict....
Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: new member..... new toy......

Congrats on the new outfit. Sounds like a beaut! Also sounds like One I'd like to have in my arsenal-- alas, not in the cards right now....

Welcome! I look forward to reports and photos from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o mykiss View Post
my wife just scratches her head when i talk fly fishing to her..... "it's just a fishing pole,"
I don't know how many outfits you have, but it sounds like you will have a hard time explaining and reasoning (to her, at least) new 'acquisitions'-- just like my house....
Old 02-07-2011, 07:15 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Welcome to the fun!! Enjoy!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rod and reel combo, sounds like a real nice combo that you should enjoy for years to come!

Larry

Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Welcome! You got a nice set up there. Hope to see some success stories soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindogt View Post
I don't know how many outfits you have, but it sounds like you will have a hard time explaining and reasoning (to her, at least) new 'acquisitions'-- just like my house....
That's why I keep my gear in the part of the basement she never goes. (Next to the lawn mover. Surprise surprise)

"Is that a new rod?!"

"What, that old thing...?" hehehehe
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

welcome to the forum. Nice set up btw.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
That's why I keep my gear in the part of the basement she never goes. (Next to the lawn mover. Surprise surprise)

"Is that a new rod?!"

"What, that old thing...?" hehehehe
Not to hijack the thread, but: True Story---

I have a good friend who is a member of the local Ferrari club. He jokes that every new Ferrari he buys HAS to be red-- lest his wife will realize that there is a new car in the garage... The scary part: Knowing this couple the way I do, I'm convinced that she really has no idea how many cars are down there....

Fortunately for him-- I think red is the only color they come in...
Old 02-08-2011, 04:31 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindogt View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but: True Story---

I have a good friend who is a member of the local Ferrari club. He jokes that every new Ferrari he buys HAS to be red-- lest his wife will realize that there is a new car in the garage... The scary part: Knowing this couple the way I do, I'm convinced that she really has no idea how many cars are down there....

Fortunately for him-- I think red is the only color they come in...
LOL That's pretty funny.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 AM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough

thanks everyone for the comments.... can't wait to get out there and throw some big bugs and streamers for fat bows, browns and maybe an occasional hammer-handle northern.

lol @ raindogt & ant.... my wife is as aware of my fly fishing equipment as i am of her collection of purses and shoes....