The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Jer is on a distinguished road
Default This Newbie Bought his first Rod and Reel

Hey everyone its me again and I took everyones great advice and bought my first Fly Rod and Reel over the weekend.

I went with the Sage Flight 9' 5wt in a 2 piece and for a reel I saved myself about $100 and went with the Sage 1650... I havent had too much tome to go out and cast it around , I was gone all weekend , but I am heading over to my Friend Wes' this afternoon before work and going to get some more casting pointers...

Again , I would like to tell everyone thank you for your advice , and I will get back to everyone and let you know how I am doing in this new fly fishing adventure..

Thanks again everyone
Jer
Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This Newbie Bought his first Rod and Reel

Jer: Sounds like you made a good choice, now get out and break that new outfit in right by catching some fish and good luck!

Larry
Old 06-29-2009, 02:25 PM

brandy will become famous soon enough

wise choice jer, im a newby to fly fishing but believe me....its only the beginning.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Jer, sounds like you have a rocking outfit there. And it's great you've got a buddy to help get you started.

Looking forward to your trip reports! Good luck!

mark
Old 06-29-2009, 05:29 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your new rig.

MP
Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 PM

DryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura about

Somewhere in Oregon little fishies are sleeping with one eye open tonight. For Jer, it is the dawn of a new era. For the fishies, it is the holocaust.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:08 AM

FlyDog is on a distinguished road

Your going to love your new Flight Rod. I sold my Sage Fli and got a Flight in a 9', 5wt.. Fished it a couple of days last week from my pontoon. Very sweet rod.