The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 AM

mikeo will become famous soon enough
Default LOST Guideline LeCie 10 ft. 5 wt.

On Wed. June 24th, I was on a GO bus heading from Guelph to Toronto, Ontario leaving Guelph at 8:10 pm.....we were asked to disembark from the bus at Yorkdale due to problems with the bus tires....I had intended to go through to York Mills....we got off the bus at approx. 10 pm......I was the last to leave the bus.....and the bus left the bus terminal as soon as we got off the bus.....in my hurry I left a fly rod on the bus.....it was in a bright orange vinyl tube with Guideline in black letters on the side.....the tube was about 3 to 4 ft long, 2-3 inches in diameter.....as well on the top of the case are the words Le Cie 10 ft. 5 wt 4 piece....this is a valuable rod (and more to the point I was looking forward to using it out west...great czech nymphing rod)....and I'm not blaming GO for my stupidity for leaving it on the bus.....but I reported it on Wed. night (24th) as soon as I realized I had left the rod.....I reported it again by phone on Thursday June 25th and went to GO Lost and Found at Union Station on Friday June 26th.....but no rod.....as of today, nearly a week later still no rod

My fear is that if somebody did find the rod that they might try to sell it, especially since it is a rather specialized rod. So if anybody hears of a Le Cie 10 ft. 5wt. 4 piece for sale (there aren't that many Le Cie 10ft. 5 wt. rods in Ontario) then please contact me through this forum.....if anybody who might have found this rod reads this please return it.....no questions asked, just want rod returned.

Thanks,

Tight Lines,
Mike
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 07-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOST Guideline LeCie 10 ft. 5 wt.

Mike

Sorry to hear of your lost rod! We will certainly keep an eye out for it if it turns up on EBay.

I did the same thing one time while returning a rental car in Denver. I left my fly rod in the back seat while returning the rental car at the airport. I reported the loss as soon as I realized what I had done, but of course the rental company claimed they never found the rod.

Larry