02-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: southern Ohio
Re: Costs of fishing licenses
under age 16 no license required
ages 16 - 65 resident license $19
age 66 & older $10
1 day license (resident or non-resident) $11
3 day non-resident $19
annual non-resident $40
free license for:
* Persons born before Dec. 31, 1937
* Persons who are mobility impaired and require the assistance of another person to cast and retrieve
* Residents of state and county institutions
* Holders of “Veteran” license plates displaying the international wheelchair symbol
* Certain veterans who are permanently disabled
* Former prisoners of war
* A fishing license is required to take fish, frogs, or turtles from Ohio waters.
* Persons fishing in privately owned ponds, lakes, or reservoirs to and from which fish do not migrate, are not required to have a license to take fish, but must have one to take frogs or turtles.
* Persons fishing in privately owned ponds, lakes, or reservoirs that are open to public fishing through an agreement or lease with the Division of Wildlife are required to have a fishing license.
* Anglers must have their license in their possession while fishing and must show the license to anyone on request.
* Members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty stationed in Ohio, but NOT on leave or furlough are required to purchase a resident license.
FISHING LINES- Anglers may not use more than two fishing lines, whether fastened to a pole, a rod and reel, or hand held. Anglers may use up to three hooks on each line, except as provided in the Ohio Administrative Code.