The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Hardy Demon

Anyone got any information on this rod?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 AM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default Re: Hardy Demon

heres the link to Hardy, but you have probly already seen this.
Hardy Fly - Products - Flyfishing Rods - Performance Rods - Demon

I have never seen one, except for the pic in flyshopcloseouts.com
Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Myself I like the Hardy fly rods. Glass to plastic. I have a buddy that bought the Demon reel and a Marksman fly rod. He loves them both. He's a Sage guy all the way but he decided to try a Hardy. So between the TXL, Z-Axis, ZXL and the Marksman the Marksman is his go to rod. I know it's not the same as the Demon, but hell, it's still a Hardy. Here's a link to Harris Sportsmail. I've bought from them before and they're great. Got great prices on Hardy too.
Hardy Demon Fly Rod | HarrisSportsmail.com
Old 07-17-2009, 06:27 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Thanx, Mojo.

I really like the looks of the rod, the reels are a bit on the expensive side. From what I gather from the Hardy website, this is closer to the lower end of the Hardy line. Story of my life.

I saw them here for sale:

Hardy Demon

Don't know if the prices compare since the link you gave was in English pounds. I was looking at the 7wt for bass or light salt water.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

If you are not in a hurry try a Greys.. They are affiliated with Hardy and I just had the chance to try out about 3 different rods.. I was quite impressed for short and long distance casts. Even their Mission rod for traveling was a nice feel for a rod at a reduced price. I am thinking about buying a 4wt 8' 6 pc to throw in the truck and travel with me where ever...

I fell in love and recently bought a Greys 10' streamflex 5pc 5wt for a trout nymphing rod.. the tip sensitivity is incredible...

They are a bit heavier than Scott, Z-axis, or Helios at that length and line weight but still not to bad around 3lb 5/8 oz...

Good luck.. The guy that showed me the Greys is a Hardy dude and says a bunch of good about he Demon he ownes, even to the point that for the price it beats the pants off of the Angle..

CritterGetter
Old 07-18-2009, 08:29 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

That is a good price. I'd snap that one up.
I know Grey's is affiliated somehow with Hardy. I'm not sure if Hardy owns Grey's or what the deal is.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:14 PM

Tajue17 will become famous soon enough

buddy of mine who fishes with me here on the cape tried all the top shelf rods at the local shop and he ended up buying the Hardy Zane saltwater model, he said he casted that the best and it seemed to come alive once he had some line out--> he said his accuracy landing the fly got 100 times better with the hardy ,,, So here we all use something different and we all have casted ALL the rods out there and everyone I fish with all use something different with nobody using the same thing so I say Hardy is very nice stuff but you have to see if you and your reel like it first.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:10 PM

Pleccy is on a distinguished road

The Demon is a dang good rod for the money, I have the 9ft #5 and the 9ft 6" #7 and they deserve a complement bigger than 'nice'. While not as powerful as the Greys G-tec series they still have enough backbone to throw out a full line.

In case anybody's wondering Greys are Hardy's sister company, they also used to distribute the Fishpond gear.