The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 12:00 PM

freestoneangler is on a distinguished road
Default Attention All Montana River Users!!

!!!...DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN ON OUR WATCH...!!!

TAKE ACTION ON DEFEATING MONTANA H.B. 309 (SEE POST ON ROCKY MOUNTAIN FORUM AND WASHINGTON FLYFISHING FORUM BELOW)

I'll bet many of you know where this picture was taken?? I will respond to the correct answer, letting the forum know you know your rivers

Click the image to open in full size.

Public friendly, Montana Stream Access Law is once again under attack and is ours to loose. We all like the fact that, under current law, we can walk right past signs like this while wading or within highwater mark... and it's even better when chasing a "reel screamin" Brownie downriver

Even if you can only spend the time sending an e-mail with the subject line "Please Vote No on H.B. 309", to the list of Montana Senators who will be voting on this very soon, that would be helpful. The more reaction they see from this the better chances it will be defeated.

To make it easier, here's an address list you can copy and paste... please help, it only takes a few minutes.

Cvvincent@hotmail.com; Ryanzinke@yahoo.com; Tutvedt@montanasky.us; Sonjumt@yahoo.com; vjack@centurytel.net; clarity@cyberport.net; ccwhi@blackfoot.net; Shannonjaugare@aol.com; Ripleys@3rivers.net; Wranglergallery@hotmail.com; "Anders blewett" ; tropila@mt.net; ebuttrey@cteq.com; Lcjones@3rivers.net; jpranch@ttc-cmc.net; "Windyboy j" ; hutton4senate@yahoo.com; senatorbrenden@gmail.com; Donstein@midrivers.com; elmoore@midrivers.com; apsaalookewoman@yahoo.com; Taylor@northernbroadcasting.com; Ajolson@midrivers.com; Glonky@aol.com; Kendallvandyk@gmail.com; Lyndamoss@imt.net; Garybranae@gmail.com; Jeff@jeffessmann.com; ewalker@edwalker2010.com; jason@priest2010.com; ronarthun@gmail.com; larry@imt.net; "R hawks" ; Joebalyeat@yahoo.com; art@wittich4senate.com; Grt3177@smtel.com; "Steve gallus" ; murphter5@yahoo.com; Marycaferro@gmail.com; Kaufmann@mt.net; Davelewisd@aol.com; genev@q.com; Lakemill@montana.com; Cwilliams@montanadsl.net; Nancron@aol.com; "facey tom" ; daveew@gmail.com; Cliff@larsenusa.com

"no matter where you go... there you are"
Old 02-20-2011, 10:42 PM

mfo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attention All Montana River Users!!

Picture link doesn't work for me. Just a FYI. I am FULLY aware of the issues facing stream access-thanks for the post and helping to generate a voice.
-Mark
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

To view that picture you need to be logged into that forum

Have you cleared this with Admin (Frank Whiton), it would pay to ask before political posts are made, even if it is a good cause.

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 02-21-2011, 06:48 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Utah and Wyoming have already gone down this road. Effectively 'ownership' of a stream/river bottom has been handed over to the adjoining land owner(s). Whether you're standing on the bottom, or the fact you anchored your drift boat ...... you're now legally "trespassing."
Old 02-21-2011, 01:12 PM

gofisch is on a distinguished road

I sent an email to the list of Montana's senators, asking them to vote down HB 309. To my surprise this morning, I had 3 emails from differant senators. Two said they did not support HB 309, and one could not see the importance that privatizing 'irrigation ditches' has for the angling community. I explained our reason for concern, hopefully he will listen to the angling community, which is the source for a large amount of Montana's tourism dollars.

My point is, senators will listen to concerns of the public, so please take the time to express your concern over HB 309.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:36 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default ".... and one could not see the importance that privatizing 'irrigation ditches' has

He's he one (of many?) that have been "bought and paid for."

Remember that 54 State Congressmen/Women already voted 'yes' just to get it to this point. Utah and Wyoming are already down the drain ... whose State/which States are next?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:11 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: ".... and one could not see the importance that privatizing 'irrigation ditches'

Not only is HB 309 an issue but has anyone seen the plans for the Rock Creek Drainage area? Once again nature takes a back seat to Big Money!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:15 AM

Default Re: ".... and one could not see the importance that privatizing 'irrigation ditches'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Not only is HB 309 an issue but has anyone seen the plans for the Rock Creek Drainage area? Once again nature takes a back seat to Big Money!
New news; do you have a link? If 'they' don't want it posted here, PM me. Sounds like I need another 'Education.'

fae
Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Sorry-but the USA seems to be going "down the river" excuse the pun, but there is about one percent of waters in the uk that are not privately owned-and that is the "traditional" way they've done it for a long time. And if you let them do it over there then welcome some very EXPENSIVE" fishing in the future where a state license will be the equivalent of an Environment Agency license here-will only allow you to carry a rod - not actually fish with it.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:05 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Hey Fred I just sent you a pm. So far all I have found is that the DEQ has issued Dutch Gold Resources a "exploration license". Drilling begins next month. For those that aren't familiar, drilling is done to locate a vien or "pay streak" from there the gold bearing ore is mined and to extract the gold from the ore cyanide is used. There are laws in MT against it but if any of you have read some of the bills that are going before the house you'll see that its not a far stretch to think that the current laws against it could be over turned, you know if the price is right. Normally I try and stay away from political parties but the Republican held House in MT is definitley WACKO! If they have their way the hundreds of thousands of tourists that head up to Big Sky Country spending 300 million dollars a year might not get the chance to fish some of the storied waters but on the bright side when they're done hunting with a handheld spear they can carry their concealed handgun to church, and then hit the local bar with it too.