The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about
Default wader repair

I have been using Simms L2 wader for 4 years and fished about 30 times or so. I found the other day that my knee area got soggy, not socked wet. So I visited the Simms website and followed the repair procedure, instructed by their youtube video. They suggested that I turned the wader inside out and sprayed alcohol, which will show some dark spots and that Aquaseal, a type of glue, should be applied to those dark spots.
I followed it (up to the spraying alcohol), but I could not find those dark spots. Does it mean that the pores are too small to detect? Another question is: Is this typing of water sipping a sign that the wader’s life comes to an end soon?
For now I just put some Aquaseal some of those areas which I suspect based on my unscientific gut feelings. But I want to see how it goes next time.

Do any of you have the similar experiences?

Last edited by texastroutbum; 02-24-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:48 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: wader repair

Worst case, turn them inside out and fill the legs with water a little past where you think the leak is. Once you locate the leak circle it with a magic marker. Empty the waders out, dry the spot off and put waterever sealer( I like Aquaseal) you use on the circles and let dry.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

A little tip
Don't hang your waders from your shower head while you're filling them with water
I've heard from someone that tried it that there may be consequences
Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
A little tip
Don't hang your waders from your shower head while you're filling them with water
I've heard from someone that tried it that there may be consequences
and be sure the stockings touch the ground or the floor
Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Lay them in the tub to do it and you can check the leaks much higher.

Rip..I spit coffee at the screen.