The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 06:38 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

It stands for Good Ol' Raisens and Peanuts but it can be made with anything really.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:56 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Talking Gorp

I am considering investing in some low residual high calorie, carb, protein & anti oxidant alteratives. Right now it's Almonds, Beef Jerky, V8, Fig Newtons, bourbon & a banana in my vest with sandwhiches/water/beer/soda/fruit in the canoe. If there's time I'll sneak in some Portuguese sardines, crackers, Stilton cheese, Portlock Salmon fillets, sourdough loaf and a split of a decent cab- if I have time. Anything to stimulate this economy!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:37 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: favorite food to take with you on the stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher117 View Post
so its pretty much just trail mix?
No, it's different. Trail Mix is so called because it tastes like gravel.

Last edited by JoJer; 08-07-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Removed smilie
Old 08-07-2009, 05:54 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
No, it's different. Trail Mix is so called because it tastes like gravel.
lol thats why you make your own
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 PM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Mostly, I run on the thought of a beer back at the car.
For clients, I sometimes serve a little wild salmon on tomato basil crackers, with a Kraft pre-sliced cheese. They like it better than humble pie, the fish can serve them.
Seriously, I always carry some power bars, and maybe Hershys kisses.
Water is even more important.

Bigfly
Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeradish View Post
It's easy to smush, but spread peanut butter or nutella on a tortilla, add a sprinkle of gorp, set a banana in there and roll it up. When I did a lot of endurance cycling, I responded better to real food than bars/gels so I tried a ton of different things. This was my favorite.
This sure sounds like an odd combo of stuff, but sounds good. I do some long rides as well and fall back to bananas and honey when out of the fancy stuff.

While fishing, I'm a big fan of the skinny cylindrical-ish packs of peanuts, because they fit in my fanny pack well in the gaps between the fly boxes. Plain salted is alright, honey roasted even better, and the local specialty called Sabritas with salt and lime are pretty perfect in the hot months.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:24 AM

AKJay will become famous soon enough

Peanuts...either in a shell or without...easy to fit in the fly vest and you don't really have to worry about them. Good salty snack.
Other than that I just carry a big bottle of water and some purification tabs in case I run out and get dehydrated.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:56 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

hmm sounds good..as long as i dont sit on them and make peanut butter...=

and as for water since its the heat of summer i wear my camelback under my vest...its a little hot but its better then carrying a bottle around with me
Old 08-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
"Gorp" was the name of the alien robot in the original classic "The Day the Earth Stood Still", who responded to commands like "LAKTU DICTA NICKTO" (or some such).
Actually it's Klato Verada Nickto. My favorite fishing snack food ever was cold Peperoni pizza in tuperware. I never fish without the thermos of coffee.
attila likes this.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Actually it's Klato Verada Nickto. My favorite fishing snack food ever was cold Peperoni pizza in tuperware. I never fish without the thermos of coffee.
You had won the award for weirdest post ever until you threw in the bit about the coffee.

Better luck next time.
dean_mt likes this.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.