The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 07:15 PM

Jer is on a distinguished road
Default Went Fishing this Morning

Hey everyone , I just got back fromt he Quartzville about 15 minutes ago , thought I would share my experience with you.. We ( the girlfriend and I ) made a day trip up a few miles above yellow bottom... found a few nice places to fish. The fish didnt seem to intrested in her bait , she was using powerbait... I had my fly rod up there and landed 7 ... They werent too intrested in dry flies , I had 1 rise and like a moron I got excited and yanked it away from him , but the Nymphs seemed to have some success.. The pictures here taken were of 2 different fish , all 7 were around the same size.. I think the big one was about 14" and the small one was 12"...

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Anyways everyone , I figured I would give you a small success story and hope to get some feedback and hear from everyone how your fishing trips have been going ..

Jer
Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jer: Great looking photos. You keep out fishing the girlfriend with her powerbait and you might convert her to fly fishing! LOL!

Larry
Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Default nice

ive never caught a trout on powerbait except at this fish pond for little kids that was full of stocked fishes...but nice fish hopefully they werent the same one...me and my bud earlyier this spring kept catching this one trout we knew he was the same cause his one little fin near his gills was a little battered..kind like nemo...>.<
Old 08-01-2009, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Jer...nice bows and....nice pics...the water is wonderful...what's powerbait? an aphrodisiac?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Jean Paul,

Powerbait are small radio controlled lures that require sophisticated training in order to master their use in currents. Most people only use them on lakes or ponds due to the difficulty of steering them in swift mountain streams. Some of the more advanced models of 'Powerbaits' allow for a worm or other live bait to be strapped to the little craft for a more attractive offering to the fish. Although they can be effective the control units tend to be bulky and if your batteries go dead while your 'Powerbait' is in the water you may well loose it.

There are some concerns regarding the radio signals and their possibly damaging effect on trout and other aquatic life forms. With the push for fly fishing only on many waters the small radio controlled lures will someday be only a memory that people will reminisce about on fly fishing forums.

Jer,

I like your style, keeping low especially with that crystal clear water. Wear camo and keep to the shadows. Good job catching those nice rainbows.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 08-02-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Jean Paul,

Powerbait are small radio controlled lures that require sophisticated training in order to master their use in currents. Most people only use them on lakes or ponds due to the difficulty of steering them in swift mountain streams. Some of the more advanced models of 'Powerbaits' allow for a worm or other live bait to be strapped to the little craft for a more attractive offering to the fish. Although they can be effective the control units tend to be bulky and if your batteries go dead while your 'Powerbait' is in the water you may well loose it.

There are some concerns regarding the radio signals and their possibly damaging effect on trout and other aquatic life forms. With the push for fly fishing only on many waters the small radio controlled lures will someday be only a memory that people will reminisce about on fly fishing forums.