The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 AM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Our Alaskan Fishing Trip

Just got back from a two week trip to the Kenai Penn. last week. Had a great time. Fished Pinks on Resurrection Creek, took a two day drift on the Kenai for Reds, Rainbows and Dollies on the Quartz, Flew into the Upper Russian and spent four days hiking and fishing, then finished up on Peters Creek.

Weather could of been better, but the fishing was fantastic. Saw Grizzlies, Blacks, Moose, Eagled, and Osprey.

Great Trip, posted our videos on our website, MarkandChrisLundin.com, on the fishing page.

Take Care

Mark
Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Alaskan Fishing Trip

Mark

Looks like your crew had a grand time on your Alaskan adventure. Nice work on the videos!

Larry
Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Mark,

I was just thinking about you yesterday wondering why you haven't be posting.

Thanks for the great photos. I wish I had pictures like those from my trips in Alaska. I have fished all of those spots except Resurrection Creek. I have been to Hope but don't know why I never fished there. Pink Salmon are a great fly rod fish. That was a great semi-controlled float at 6 mile.

This is a trip that any party could put together for Alaska. Most of your spots have road access. I have a question about the cabin on the Russian lake. Wasn't there a boat at the cabin? If this is the state cabin I think it is, they use to provide a boat and motor. You could motor down to the outlet and fish and then motor back.

Frank
Old 08-11-2009, 07:16 PM

I was away for a bit, spending most of my time on the Alaskan Site and planning the trip, then going, it was fantastic.

The cabin does come with a rowboat, but no motor. The cabin is fairly close to the outlet, and is an easy walk.

Where we were dropped off, was not near the cabin or outlet. We were on the inlet end from the Glacier.

Next year I will do the Kenai one more time, taking my wife. The year after will be either Kodiak or somewhere in the interior.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

He Mark,

Well I hope you are back posting again. You can see a bunch of changes have happen since you been gone. We can add video to a post now.

On the Kenai they have some good canoe trails. The fishing use to be good but I don't know about today. That might be a good trip for your wife. You should also stop on your way and fish the Anchor River. At the right time of the year there are Salmon and of course Trout. There is a nice camp site right below the bridge that crosses the river. I caught my biggest King on a fly rod out of the pool next to the bridge. If you hike up stream from the bridge you can get Trout. Keep in mind that I have been gone for 17 years or so.

Frank
Old 08-12-2009, 07:09 AM

Even when I didn't have much to post, I still stopped in from time to time. This has been a good site for me and it played a key role in planning our Wyoming Trip last year.

More importantly, a good membership with a lot of good information, some great photos, and a nice place to hang out.............You guys will be stuck with me for a while, especially when I start planning for next year.

Already starting to look into a spring wilderness drift, Alaska again, but would like to also do another mountain trip in August. Lots of reading, questions and research.