The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default New Gallery Catagories

Hi Every,

We now have the new Gallery up and working. I am working on sub-galleries and what to know your thoughts. Here is the list I have now. We can add, subtract, combined or what ever we come up with.

You can take a look at the FishingMagic Gallery to get an idea of what we are tying to accomplish.

Here is the list I have now.

Members Gallery
Cold Water Gallery
Warm Water Gallery
Saltwater Gallery
Boats, Toons & Tubes Gallery
Tackle Gallery
Fly Gallery
Trip Gallery
My Favorite Spot Gallery
Trophy Gallery

Let me know what you think.

Frank
Old 08-14-2009, 07:31 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: New Gallery Catagories

Frank,
Do we have to re-load the pics we already had posted on the site?
Dan
Old 08-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Frank

I noticed there are a few member photo albums up today, but mine is stll gone. Will we need to re-post the photos into a new album?

Larry
Old 08-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larry,

That is a possibility but I think we can restore your photos. I will let you know in a little while.

Frank
Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Frank, Do we have to resubmit all the pics we had in the gallery?

Dan
Old 08-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

We have all the photos that were on the server before the move to the F&F server. That is the good news. The bad news is there are 2500 photos and many, if not most, are way too big. They were loaded into the system before we had the resizing program.

There are too many pictures to resize one at a time. So unless Colin can come up with a program to run the photos through and resizes the large pictures, we are not going to get them back. Then we have the problem that the Gallery is going to be broken up into several different categories. We don't have anyway to tell which picture should go into what category. I guess they could go into the members gallery but it is more complicated than just uploading the photos. Colin resized some of the big pictures and he found the quality of the pictures were degraded.

The old photos are not a dead issue. Colin has other things he is working on so it will be a while longer before we know what he does with these photos. In the mean time you might want to upload any pictures that are important to you.

Frank