The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 04:27 PM

creekwalker is on a distinguished road
Default Wading Boot Help Needed

I tried to post this in the Fly Fishing Gear FAQ but didn't have permission, so I thought I'd post it here instead.

I'm about to order a pair of Korkers Redside boots. My concern is the sizing. The website states that you should order your standard shoe size, and those who wear half sizes should order a size up.

My question is which size to purchase. I normally wear a size 10, but with neoprene booties and wool socks for winter fishing, I don't know if I should order a size up or not.

Does anyone here own a newer pair of Korkers boots? Specifically anyone who wears a whole size and wool socks??
Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wading Boot Help Needed

Call 'em! There's gotta be a toll free customer service number on that website. Get it right from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Just a thought,
Gary
Old 03-03-2011, 06:50 PM

randyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to all

I wear a 9 1/2 so I bought a size 11. They fit fine with all my socks.

Randy
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

If you live near a shop that sells them I would buy there, nothing beats trying them on with a neoprene bootie on your foot.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-04-2011, 02:44 PM

45fisher is on a distinguished road

Korkers tend to be on the small size.

I have two pairs one of their older model Wetlands and a newer Streamborn.
Now mind you I got these for wetwading. (Street shoe size.)

Regardless I normally wear a size 8.5 to 9. I order a size 8 and they are a pefect street shoe fit with a pair of 2mm neoprenes. NOT A WADER FIT!

Therefore if I were to get a WADER FIT fit I would be getting a size 9 or 10. Korkers recommends getting at least 1-2 shoes sizes larger than your street shoe. (It's written on the box)

I would go at least 2 sizes larger than your street shoe size. for me that would be a 10.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:07 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

I have a pair of Korker Guides and I wear a size 11 everyday shoe and my Korkers are size 13. They fit just perfect, not tight but not loose-fitting and leaves room for a extra pair of socks fishing the winter months.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 03-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
If you live near a shop that sells them I would buy there, nothing beats trying them on with a neoprene bootie on your foot.

Ard
Have to agree with Ard. Find a shop where you can actually try a pair on and get the fit you are comfortable with. I tried the online hit or miss method last year and after shipping cost for returns I ended up paying to much for the boots I have. Never buy another pair with out actually trying them on again!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-04-2011, 03:39 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

How are the Korkers? I've checked them out in stores, but am not sure how well they'd work. I'd love to get a good pair of something for wet wading (right now I just use a rubber water shoe but it doesn't grip enough).

I like the idea of changeable soles on the Korkers but am not sure how well they'd grip and stay together with use.

thanks

William
Old 03-04-2011, 05:08 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
How are the Korkers? I've checked them out in stores, but am not sure how well they'd work. I'd love to get a good pair of something for wet wading (right now I just use a rubber water shoe but it doesn't grip enough).

I like the idea of changeable soles on the Korkers but am not sure how well they'd grip and stay together with use.

thanks

William
I really like the fact that I can change my soles from hiking to wading in a matter of seconds. The Korker boots are very light, (especially for those long hikes) they dry fast, just a all round good wading boot. My favorite feature on the Korkers is the Low profile Boa speed lacing system for quick on/off and I wouldn't trade that feature for anything. When you get out of the water just pull-up on the speed lace knob take one step forward and you are ready to step out of your boot, that simple. Worth every penny to me.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 03-04-2011, 05:37 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Helps to hear from someone who uses them rather than just looking at them at the store.

wm