The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 07:33 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: site has gone to the dog

X milt.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

You all are AWESOME!!!!! Thanks again and again.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: site has gone to the dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
You all are AWESOME!!!!! Thanks again and again.
I don't know about 'Awesome,' but we do tend to take care of our resident Goddess.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you all do!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: site has gone to the dog

Well .... let's just say your more than a cut above "Angie," Washington States self proclaimed 'Goddess.'

Edit: Forgot to add. The site is the fibreglass manifesto. Friday brought me my new 11'3" 7wt glass switch rod. Can't wait for the river to drop and give this new bad boy a work out.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Well .... let's just say your more than a cut above "Angie," Washington States self proclaimed 'Goddess.'

Edit: Forgot to add. The site is the fibreglass manifesto. Friday brought me my new 11'3" 7wt glass switch rod. Can't wait for the river to drop and give this new bad boy a work out.
MAN, that has to be heavy!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:06 AM

canine is on a distinguished road

+1. (or plus one) to make the message long enough
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
MAN, that has to be heavy!
That's what really surprised me; not heavy at all. Bit more that I'd expect from a graphite rod of similar length, but doubt its more than an oz. I suspect that much of that is due to the extended handle length.
Fred

PS: I cheated .. you can vote twice.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:21 AM

Really! What brand is it?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:59 AM

I'll have to check that out and get back to you. Any rod markings are well under the fore-cork.

Fred

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Sorry Joni, no joy on the manufacturer of the blank save for it was 'rolled' (is that the proper term here?) back in the late 1980's. Steve Gotshall (posts as SGS on the speypages) buys a lot of rod building materials from one of his suppliers and the fellow stumbled across 5 or 6 of these 11'+ blanks.

No actual manufacturer info on the others. Steve bought the small lot as apparently I'm not the only 'old' 2-hander nut case kicking around. If you'd like Steve's contact info shoot me a PM.

Fred