The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 11:52 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold
Default new art piece

Stopped by my buddy Andy's shop today and picked up a new piece of art for the tying area. I thought I would show it to the masses and see what you all think.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:47 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new art piece

The guys and I have two Andy Burk paintings at the shop. One is Steelhead head. The other is a striper head. Andy makes some pretty wild stuff.

MP
Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
In 1993 I met Charles Gaidy a famous enthomologist and artist,as we were having a drink in a hotel bar,my son Nicolas who's fond of drawing asked him he he could draw a fly for him.We found a sheet of paper ,he took out his fountain pen and in a few minutes it was done.As he thought there wasn't enough ink left in his pen...he put it in his beer mug...then shaked it a little and finished his drawing...
Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Outstanding! Great looking stuff!

mark
Old 08-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your art. I think they are great. Check out this site that makes art flies that are 5 to 9 inches tall. I saw an ad in Eastern Fly Fishing magazine.

I think Larry is making some metal sculptures that are good.

Frank
Old 08-30-2009, 05:20 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I love stone flies, so I gotta love your purchase! Hey maybe we need a "Show us your fly art" thread?
Thanks for sharing, very nice stuff.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:12 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Andy makes some pretty wild stuff.

MP
You should see his new shop. He spent 8 months or so this past year drawing and painting all sorts of really good stuff. He put art and fly tying together and opened his own shop in Hirshdale. I'm trying to get him to put more online. Some really sweet stuff!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

very cool stuff there man

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, those are impressive works of art!

Larry
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 PM

ksigtuck will become famous soon enoughksigtuck will become famous soon enough

JBBFly,
Killer sketch he drew for you there! I would give anything to be able to draw stuff off the top of my head like that. Never could draw anything out of my head, had to have something in front of me that I was looking at.
Tuck