new art piece

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
Stopped by my buddy Andy's shop today and picked up a new piece of art for the tying area. I thought I would show it to the masses and see what you all think.

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
The guys and I have two Andy Burk paintings at the shop. One is Steelhead head. The other is a striper head. Andy makes some pretty wild stuff.

MP

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score

In 1993 I met Charles Gaidy a famous enthomologist and artist,as we were having a drink in a hotel bar,my son Nicolas who's fond of drawing asked him he he could draw a fly for him.We found a sheet of paper ,he took out his fountain pen and in a few minutes it was done.As he thought there wasn't enough ink left in his pen...he put it in his beer mug...then shaked it a little and finished his drawing...:)

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your art. I think they are great. Check out this site that makes art flies that are 5 to 9 inches tall. I saw an ad in Eastern Fly Fishing magazine.

I think Larry is making some metal sculptures that are good.

Frank

Kerry Pitt

Reaction score
I love stone flies, so I gotta love your purchase! Hey maybe we need a "Show us your fly art" thread?
Thanks for sharing, very nice stuff.

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
Andy makes some pretty wild stuff.

MP
You should see his new shop. He spent 8 months or so this past year drawing and painting all sorts of really good stuff. He put art and fly tying together and opened his own shop in Hirshdale. I'm trying to get him to put more online. Some really sweet stuff!

ksigtuck

Reaction score
JBBFly,
Killer sketch he drew for you there! I would give anything to be able to draw stuff off the top of my head like that. Never could draw anything out of my head, had to have something in front of me that I was looking at.
Tuck

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
You should see his new shop. He spent 8 months or so this past year drawing and painting all sorts of really good stuff. He put art and fly tying together and opened his own shop in Hirshdale. I'm trying to get him to put more online. Some really sweet stuff!
Been there a few weeks ago.

MP

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
Chris: Does Andy still do bug work like this?

Larry
Larry I'm sure he still does artwork but no one has heard from Andy in a couple of years. He had a few personal losses in his family and disappeared from social media shortly after. I keep hearing rumors of his location but none have been confirmed which saddens me.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Larry I'm sure he still does artwork but no one has heard from Andy in a couple of years. He had a few personal losses in his family and disappeared from social media shortly after. I keep hearing rumors of his location but none have been confirmed which saddens me.
Chris: That is very sad to hear. I sure bet that art piece looks good over your tying desk!!! I can only dream, probably couldn't afford one of Andy's pieces anyway.

I guess I'm going to have to resort to coming out your way and stealing the one you have. :D:D

Some of the flies you donated to CFR/PHW ended up going to the Wyoming CFR retreat, so I sent Mary Turney (the gal that heads up that program) your facebook page so she can send a Thank You to you and all your friends for that very generous gift. Bob Gartner at the Ft Belvoir PHW program got all the rest of the flies and materials, he will get them distributed to the PHW's programs that are in need.

Take care!!!!!