The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 04:06 PM

brandy will become famous soon enough
Default A great start to our first year

This is our first year fly fishing so I thought I would share some of our "famed photos for August.

My first fish
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...&pictureid=209

second, at the same spot
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...&pictureid=210

first bass
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...&pictureid=212

second bass
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...&pictureid=216

then we took a trip to St. Louis Ponds down by Salem, Oregon and caught quite a few bluegill and this:
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...&pictureid=215

We just got back from Central Oregon, and I have lots of pics from that trip. I caught quite a few small trout on the Deschutes River and my son realized that fly fishing was great as he was struggling to get the biggest fish of his life, in the end it got loose but he was grins from ear to ear and all talk the next 2 days. I will post pics when I recharge the camera.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: A great start to our first year

Nice

Your 'bass' (#1 & # 2) are some sort of rough fish.... creek chubs maybe

The last one though (#5) is a large mouth bass, very pretty
Old 09-01-2009, 04:58 PM

Default Re: A great start to our first year

[QUOTE=Rip Tide;66909]Nice

Your 'bass' (#1 & # 2) are some sort of rough fish.... creek chubs maybe

thanks, I wasn't sure...I have never seen them before.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Brandy- good going! They must have ben fun on the fly rod. Rip is right, that's a bass in the 5 th pic, even the small ones can be pretty fiesty and will whack big flies and jump all over the place. Hope you remember where you caught it-- I bet some of his/her bigger cousins are in there too.

Good going! keep those pics coming

mark
Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Brandy,

If I recall you posted the photos of your son and wrote about his desire to learn to fly fish a few months back, is that you? Good to see that you guys are still into it and have caught some fish.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-02-2009, 12:18 PM

Hardy- yes that was me, thanks, we really enjoy fly fishing much more than any other type of fishing. We found a little creek about 5 minutes away from our house and we go every chance we can.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:25 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your first year fly fishing. You'll have many good days to come.

MP
Old 09-02-2009, 08:11 PM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

Way to go Brandy. Getting your son into fly fishing was a great move. My son is my best fishing buddy, as will yours be. Take care. Continued success.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Brandy: Way to go! Congrats on your first fish with a fly rod and having your son hooked on fly fishing is great also.
We want to see more of your photos!

Larry