The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Chat Box Suggestion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/111716-chat-box-suggestion.html)

littledavid123 03-06-2011 11:08 PM

Chat Box Suggestion

Noticed that everybody who checks out the chat box seems to always just miss catching some one else on at the same time. This got me to thinking why not have a chat box hour.

To start out may I suggest 8:00 & 9:00 pm Central Time and hang out for 5 minutes at the top of the hour. Maybe I won't feel so all alone when I go to the chat box...:D

Dave

Hardyreels 03-18-2011 12:17 PM

Re: Chat Box Suggestion

Dave,

The best way to connect when you see that someone you wish to chat with is on line is to send a PM inviting them to chat. That way the other member knows you're here and want to chat. This is how I do it,

Ard

jpbfly 03-18-2011 01:05 PM

Chat for a few minutes Ard?:D

Frank Whiton 03-18-2011 04:37 PM

Hi Everyone,

Talking on the Chatbox or any other type of communications you almost have to schedule the time you want to talk to someone. You can also look back at the times members have been talking to get a feel when others are there. Ard's suggestion also works well. Just don't get Ard telling stories;)

Frank

gadfly_nj 03-19-2011 07:32 PM

When I try to go to the chatroom, all I get is a list of smilies. I searched the site and found that a couple of other people had the same problem when the chatroom was first created. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks!

Tim

Hardyreels 03-19-2011 07:43 PM

Hi Tim,

I think it is because you need to have at least 10 post before you can use the Chat feature here. This is my best answer..................

Ard

eddie789 03-19-2011 07:44 PM

gadfly nj
you have to have a minimum of ten posts to get access to the chatbox!
Hope this helps!

gadfly_nj 03-20-2011 07:11 AM

Thanks guys! I thought it must be something like that.

wjc 03-20-2011 07:38 AM

Gadfli,

I didn't even know there was one. I just went there and saw only smilies too, then I noticed I get automatically logged out on that page and have to sign in again for just that page.

If I hit the back button, I return to where I started and am logged in still back there.

Cheers,
Jim

jpbfly 03-20-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadfly_nj (Post 227212)
When I try to go to the chatroom, all I get is a list of smilies. I searched the site and found that a couple of other people had the same problem when the chatroom was first created. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks!

Tim

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjc (Post 227457)
Gadfli,

I didn't even know there was one. I just went there and saw only smilies too, then I noticed I get automatically logged out on that page and have to sign in again for just that page.

If I hit the back button, I return to where I started and am logged in still back there.

Jim

Don't worry guys...if you only see smillies it means Fysh is chatting:D:D:D:D