The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:08 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chat Box Suggestion

Noticed that everybody who checks out the chat box seems to always just miss catching some one else on at the same time. This got me to thinking why not have a chat box hour.

To start out may I suggest 8:00 & 9:00 pm Central Time and hang out for 5 minutes at the top of the hour. Maybe I won't feel so all alone when I go to the chat box...

Dave
Old 03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Chat Box Suggestion

Dave,

The best way to connect when you see that someone you wish to chat with is on line is to send a PM inviting them to chat. That way the other member knows you're here and want to chat. This is how I do it,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Chat for a few minutes Ard?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Everyone,

Talking on the Chatbox or any other type of communications you almost have to schedule the time you want to talk to someone. You can also look back at the times members have been talking to get a feel when others are there. Ard's suggestion also works well. Just don't get Ard telling stories

Frank
Old 03-19-2011, 06:32 PM

gadfly_nj is on a distinguished road

When I try to go to the chatroom, all I get is a list of smilies. I searched the site and found that a couple of other people had the same problem when the chatroom was first created. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks!

Tim
Old 03-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Tim,

I think it is because you need to have at least 10 post before you can use the Chat feature here. This is my best answer..................

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-19-2011, 06:44 PM

eddie789 has a spectacular aura abouteddie789 has a spectacular aura abouteddie789 has a spectacular aura about

gadfly nj
you have to have a minimum of ten posts to get access to the chatbox!
Hope this helps!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:11 AM

gadfly_nj is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys! I thought it must be something like that.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:38 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Gadfli,

I didn't even know there was one. I just went there and saw only smilies too, then I noticed I get automatically logged out on that page and have to sign in again for just that page.

If I hit the back button, I return to where I started and am logged in still back there.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadfly_nj View Post
When I try to go to the chatroom, all I get is a list of smilies. I searched the site and found that a couple of other people had the same problem when the chatroom was first created. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks!

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
Gadfli,

I didn't even know there was one. I just went there and saw only smilies too, then I noticed I get automatically logged out on that page and have to sign in again for just that page.

If I hit the back button, I return to where I started and am logged in still back there.

Jim
Don't worry guys...if you only see smillies it means Fysh is chatting