This will be my first fly fishing set up. I am leaning towards starting off with a 3wt for the local small streams for trout.
Here are the three in my price range that I've tried out and narrowed it down to:
(A) 2 piece Sage Launch 3wt/7'-6" rod for $175 plus tax.
(B) 4 piece TFO Pro Series 3wt/7'-6" rod that I like for $139.95 plus tax.
(C) 4 piece TFO Pro Series 3wt/8'-6" rod that I like for $139.95 plus tax.
The questionsI have for each of these are:
(1) The Sage Launch 3wt is only available in 2 piece. How important is this to you?
(2) The Sage Launch 3wt is only available in a 7'-6" rod. Is this rod length enough for a beginner to cast properly or am I just setting myself up for a torturous experience?
(3) One benefit I see is that Sage does offer a no cost (except for the shipping) lifetime warranty on thier product. Also, according to a dealer I talked to, Sage has a very good consistancy in thier product. The dealer was telling me, if it needs to be replaced or you want another one for back up, it will be the same as the one you had before. What's your opinion on the consistancy issue?
(4) Again, is the 4 piece TFO Pro Series 3wt/7'-6" rod going to be a torturous experience for a beginner to learn to cast properly?
(5) Are TFO rods not going to match up in consistancy, like a Sage, if I need to replace it or buy another one for back up?
(6) Having a $25 lifetime no fault warranty seems good to me, what do you think?
(7) Is the 4 piece TFO Pro Series 3wt/8'-6" rod going to be too unwieldy in a small stream situation?
Thanks in advance for your help with my delimma!