The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing With Forum Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
I showed Larry (mcnerny) my favorite spring creek, but it was a skunk of a day and I had to leave early (sorry Larry, there really are some nice fish in there ). I hope to redeem myself with him this year. I'm looking forward to a float trip with Davo and company this year as well.

Kelly.
Kelly: We got skunked on that outing, but seeing those big bruisers come busting clear out of the water sure made my heart skip a beat and I want to return for a rematch! Thanks again for showing me that awesome water!

Larry

Last edited by mcnerney; 03-09-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

We don't have a large contingent of Alaskan members but I do intend to meet up with Vance from Kenai one of these days. Now we have Nerka posting from the Anchorage area so maybe one day he and I will meet. There are a few others who have dropped from sight over the years also.

I was in Colorado a couple years back and wanted to meet fysh and Yatahey but schedules didn't work for that to happen. One of these years I'll either have to go down there for a couple weeks or someone needs to come here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-09-2011, 04:46 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

I'm in the "I fished with a fellow member and didn't realize it until months later" club. I was talking about my April trip to Grayling MI and somebody chimed in and said he remembered me...we sat and watched two flying trout try to eat the caddis that wouldn't land in the water...We watched these trout go airborne for about a half hour chasing every caddis that flew over head; sometimes jumping their entire body length out of the water or higher. I can't remember who it was, but he's from southern Ohio and fishes the Mad river occasionally.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
We don't have a large contingent of Alaskan members but I do intend to meet up with Vance from Kenai one of these days. Now we have Nerka posting from the Anchorage area so maybe one day he and I will meet. There are a few others who have dropped from sight over the years also.

I was in Colorado a couple years back and wanted to meet fysh and Yatahey but schedules didn't work for that to happen. One of these years I'll either have to go down there for a couple weeks or someone needs to come here.

Ard
If you ever come back to your roots in PA for some fishing I'd love to spend an afternoon with you on Penns, or Fishing Creek. I might even show you my favorite creek...
Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

I fished with Larry (Mcnerney) last summer. Watched him land several nice San Juan Rainbows from a very fast and deep dug bolder hole. He was gracious enough to help me out on why I was catching but not landing the fish. I don't think he missed a one during that float. I on the other hand broke off 3/4 of the big boy's.

I could say based on this read and my one experience with Larry.... There isn't a better forum and class of individuals on the World Wide Web. I would love to learn and fish with anybody when ever possible. Kudo's to you all.

Sorry no stories.. I can say I found another individual that appreciated a better beer than Missouri's own Bud. (not that Bud isn't bad) I just like my Ale's and Bock's more.

Kris (Crittergetter)

PS... I think Larry's ID Picture is one of those San Juan fisheeeeseee he landed that I didn't :&)
Old 03-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I fished with Allan(Pocono) twice here in France and really enjoyed it although we were not very lucky once with the weather and once for I had to drive my wife to hospital during the night....Do hope to fish with all the great friends I have on the forum in the US
Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

I honestly have to say that one of the best things for me about this Forum is all the great new fishing partners I have met!!! And the ones I still have to go!!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
I honestly have to say that one of the best things for me about this Forum is all the great new fishing partners I have met!!! And the ones I still have to go!!!
Davo: I'll second that!

Larry

Old 03-10-2011, 10:28 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Larry

I think we are going to get a pretty good bunch member together for this area. We have a lot of great folks that are relatively local here. Not sure we have enough boats for everyone that would like to join us for an over nighter on the SF.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 PM

hypobaricstalker will become famous soon enoughhypobaricstalker will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to hypobaricstalker

Looks like I might to get to meet some of you WY guys. My buddy Paul, whom I met when we were both back country Elk hunting solo north of Craig, CO, bought a house in Pinedale. He was in Denver this weekend and we were just talking about how I have to come up to WY to do some fishing this summer. Lukewl and myself might be meeting this weekend for some fishing on the Blue.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypobaricstalker View Post
Looks like I might to get to meet some of you WY guys. My buddy Paul, whom I met when we were both back country Elk hunting solo north of Craig, CO, bought a house in Pinedale. He was in Denver this weekend and we were just talking about how I have to come up to WY to do some fishing this summer. Lukewl and myself might be meeting this weekend for some fishing on the Blue.

Give us all a shout when you come up!!! Pinedale area is great fishing, New Fork and Green River, also the stepping off point for the Wind River Range.